Author Topic: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //  (Read 319196 times)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2016, 02:10:49 pm »
It won't let me download it. It says it's a virus for me.....-_-

When I downloaded it and tried to run it...this is what I got...

-error- 7-Zip: Unsupported method (something like that)

Are you trying to download the torrent or the webinstaller?
RETIRED.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2016, 02:18:57 pm »
If you guys are using the torrent download and need help with it refer here:

Trying to Figure out how to download Feral Heart 1.15?

Here is a quick little guide to help you download and install the latest version of Feral Heart

First you will need to download utorrent from the official site here:

Carefully read the on screen directions and install it into your computer.

Once you have done that download the Feral-Heart Game Installer (Torrent) as pictured below:

Preferably save it on to your desktop for easy access.

Once the FH torrent file is downloaded on to your desktop you can either double click it (to pop open the utorrent window) or right click it, select "open with" and then "utorrent" to have it open in the utorrent window.

Now you should see the FH file downloading in the utorrent window like so:

Once it is completely downloaded you will then right click where it says "FHsetup1.15.exe" and then select the option "open containing folder"

a warning message (as pictured below) may appear. Simply click "continue" as the game download is safe.

Once in your downloads folder double click the FHsetup1.15 file or right click the FHsetup1.15 file (as pictured below) and select the "run as administrator" option

A window will pop up with a warning, simply click allow "yes" to allow the program to run and then follow the set of on screen instructions to install Feral Heart into your computer.

Once you have successfully installed FH into your computer make sure that you log into the website and on the top right corner (in the big gold log in box) select the "user panel" option.

Because your old character are still stuck in limbo on the old FH maps you'll need to use the character reset option to reset their new home and send them there. If you do not do this you will simply get a "failed to connect to map server" message every time you try to access an old character.

Once this is done press the "Play Game" option on the site and log in. Leave the window open while you play.

Then simply open up your Feral Heart game and have fun.

Hope this helps!

Offline trinn23wolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2016, 02:23:14 pm »
Will there be a download for mac soon??

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2016, 02:26:06 pm »
Will there be a download for mac soon??

https://www.playonmac.com/en/

Should allow you to install the windows version on your mac

We are kinda busy today but ill see if i can sort a guide for using it over the weekend if you cant figure it out

Also keep this in mind:

Wait a sec. What about us Mac Users?o-o You guys tore down the Mac torrent now so is there no Mac port planned with the update?

We might look into that, but as FeralHeart never had a native MAC version and the game itself is made for the windows platform, every update or change not only done to the game, but also that apple does to MacOS could cause problems.

The older mac version was a packed down windows FH running through Wine, and something similar must be done again. If users know how to they're more than welcome to do this until we might get one.

I know someone seemed to be able to download the game and extract it's content into the old mac game, but it might not be for everyone to do. Right now we do not have a mac version as we never really have a native mac version.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:30:21 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2016, 02:37:33 pm »
Let me get this straight-- Items, markings, and emotes are the only mods that cannot be transferred to the new version? Animations, music mods, GUI mods, and maps are good to go?
And when you said 'The Grounds' were added, did you mean just the main grounds, or are the connected maps(Sundown Valley, Trench, Ocean, etc.) added, but not listed?

That is correct. Even though I must clarify just again that you can install these mods, it's just that they will not work as intended and break compatibility...

Music mods and gui mods, even animation mods can be slapped back on again as they edit things that do not have a specific listing config. This grounds is not the grounds that you might refer to from an old map pack of mine, this is a completely new one.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Avian

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2016, 02:38:17 pm »
Is there gonna be anything new for mac users? Because it kinda makes no sense to be like "Well this game hasn't been updated in forever, so lets update it but leave the Mac users out." Thats how its coming across....:/

Offline Avian

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »
Is Mac gonna get anything? Because what I'm seeing right now is "Well this game hasn't been updated in years, so let's update it, but only for Windows. Mac version never worked well anyways." If you do, please please please make the game run better. The Mac version has many issues starting, running and lag fire is everywhere. Crashes too. Thx for reading :/

Offline mistyclaws

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2016, 02:54:47 pm »
Aaaa, I can't download it... Awe man, I was excited.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »
With some patience, there will be a MAC installer soon!
We are not able to give you any ETA since there's a lot we need to think about even for the windows users atm.

Try using https://www.playonmac.com/en/ which Razmirz provided for us earlier.
RETIRED.

Offline Arkham_Scout

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Yes, I am back
    • View Profile
    • my toyhou.se
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2016, 03:06:00 pm »
With some patience, there will be a MAC installer soon!
We are not able to give you any ETA since there's a lot we need to think about even for the windows users atm.

Try using https://www.playonmac.com/en/ which Razmirz provided for us earlier.

my brother told me not use this. he told me to wait for a update for a mac version.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:54:45 pm by Silverdash »