Author Topic: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //  (Read 319185 times)

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //
« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2016, 05:23:56 pm »
Well opinion is rarely facts so it's alright.

You're more than welcome to pack down a version that works if it's not meant to be any hard as I'm certain you have some free time on your hands and knowledge about it, staff is being quite busy keeping up as of right now. There's many reasons why mac has been behind on game ports in many cases but for FeralHeart the main reason is that FH was only made for windows by the game creator, and there never were a native version for mac.

And well, that mac runs faster than windows doesn't have much to do w ith the question as of why most games come to windows, nor is it really true at all as as an operating system is just a part of it, and hardware and actual software inbetween is what really will matter.
Another issue with making a full out port for Mac users is programming and the render engine.

There is probably a good reason they never made a full out port of Feral Heart for Mac users and relied on Wine Bottler.

I believe that the Windows version uses the Direct X rendering engine for the graphics. Direct X is a render engine for Windows only. Mac uses Open GL. So making a full port using a different render engine would be very difficult to do. Also, I believe that the programming language is different between Windows and Mac. Programming is very time-consuming to begin with (I would know. I took a Programming class in High School and even then it was long) so having to learn an entirely different programming language would take even longer. And since they'd be trying to connect both Windows and Mac users on the same server, there would most likely be two different program languages running on the same server probably causing more script errors than actual enjoyment.

Pretty sure this is not set-and-stone fact, its just my theory on the matter :/
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline HuskyGirlJanne

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 10, 2016, 05:24:34 pm »
Hello feral heart team!
If i wan't to go online (on the maps) I can't but my internet is ok and password and username were right too can you help me? ???

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 10, 2016, 05:28:01 pm »
Hello feral heart team!
If i wan't to go online (on the maps) I can't but my internet is ok and password and username were right too can you help me? ???

For future ref, make a help thread or even check out the help thread to see if anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution ^^
As for you though, can a bit more specific? Did you download the newer version? If so, you make sure that you have reset your characters home FIRST and then SENDING them home.
Also, make sure you're still logging into the login tab when you say 'Play Game.' Before jumping into the game itself.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #223 on: June 10, 2016, 05:28:51 pm »
*inhales deeply* I think I may need to lie down and let this all sink in.

Wow. Just wow. A many thanks to all the staff f'er putting this t'gether! Lord knows how hard this must 'ave been to keep under wraps.

I do 'ave a few questions, however.

Will this be a complete reinstallation or will it act like a patch? Meaning, will m'map files and ev'rything not be copied over or will it be erased if a backup folder is not created?

Will all the items from the latest item pack be included in the game or will it need to be redownloaded following the new guidelines of the update?

Are the markings in-game just the original few markings or are other new markings, like those from packs, included as well?

Sorry f'er all the questions. I just want to make sure I get ev'rything I need to get done first b'fore I download and install the new update.

Here's the markings & items that are currently up to date / compatible with the new update ^^

Click Me ~! & Click Me ~!
As for you other question, I believe you might want to make a back up copy just in case c;

Ah, many thanks m'dear! I assumed that would be it, but I just wanted to make sure b'fore I go ahead and install it. I shall definitely make a backup and upload it to Dropbox in case of emergencies. ^v^

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • STEAM_0:0:36124471
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2016, 05:29:19 pm »
This is great news seeing an update over those years! Always when I was on the login screen I was thinking when is the game ever going to get updated :D It seems that it has finally happened!

Sandfury

« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2016, 05:31:25 pm »
IM SCREMAING WHAT
oh my gosh!! i can't believe it was updated! I need to check this out right now! :D

Offline TheNightHunter

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2016, 05:37:41 pm »
I have a problem... I start the game, select a carracter, start playing but it's only an endless loading screen. How can I fix it?

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2016, 05:44:46 pm »
I have a problem... I start the game, select a carracter, start playing but it's only an endless loading screen. How can I fix it?

For future ref, make your own help thread so it'll be easier to spot c: .
As for you problem, have you reset your character's home and then sent them home before jumping into the game itself?
Also keep in mind that you might need to give it a few go's before it'll actually let you on. ^^
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:46:19 pm by Hakumi »

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline m2dis123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • May Shadow Guide Me
    • STEAM_0:0:36124471
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2016, 05:49:31 pm »

That's it, I've found my home.