Author Topic: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //  (Read 319232 times)

Offline MystiskMysko

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Art in profile picture belongs to me.
    • View Profile
Re: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //
« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2016, 08:58:57 pm »
This is absolutely amazing! I never thought Feralheart would be updated. Im so excited to check it out, great work!

Offline ISeeYou

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 10, 2016, 09:08:29 pm »
So I've been pondering how to respond to this for a bit, and I guess I'll just get it out since I need to lift this weight from my chest.

When I heard yesterday that there was an update to FH, I was excited. New maps, some upgrades maybe? Yes! I quickly rushed to see the list of updates, and as I read on, the more disappointed I got. Removal of all the maps, addition of these new ones. Maybe it's because I'm an old timer that I was just upset because I was sentimental. After reading the updates I thought "Oh, don't jump to conclusions. Give it a try." So I did. I couldn't get passed the character selection screen, but that was as expected since it was new and there were (and probably still are) some kinks to work out. No fret.

So I asked my friend to get me some screenshots so I could preview. She sent them to me, and it was not what I expected at all.

I found that what made FH so original, so adored by its long-time members and even the new ones, was gone. It was transformed into what could be set up as another Impressive World server. From my own experiences with Impressive World servers, none of them have any originality that causes any one in particular to stick out in my mind. They all just blend together, and I fear that it will happen with the new update.

From the generic designs of the maps (I was sent screenshots of two different maps, both looked exactly the same), to the Impressive Title items and Moonwalk animation, even right down to the portals being globes just like in Impressive Title/World servers, all I could see was a game that was "devolving" back into a game that was shut down a long time ago.

I don't mean to disrespect the staff, I don't doubt that it is incredibly hard and stressful to push out an update that is intended to better a game that was already adored so much. Especially without a source code. I don't doubt that the staff went to great lengths in order to make it possible for the community to enjoy an update. Good on the staff for taking a bold step in a direction that will probably be slightly controversial in the developed community this game has brought together. This is only my opinion, my two cents. And to the staff, I hope you guys can develop a great community around this new version of FH, and good luck to you.

With respect.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2016, 09:39:41 pm »
My first day of exploring the maps be like

Im'a rub all over the rocks of each and every map....even if it kills me >:C.
but seriously, I had never thought a day like this would ever come to FH. I was so shocked and so excited to look at everything that I just....spinned around in circles in excitement. I go in every map feeling like a noob i swear, I haven't felt like this in.....3-4 years. im so very happy with the results. I still needa explore more but oh my gosh, there is SO MUCH STUFF MAN!! Thank you to Lord for the lovely tour you gave me <33333 Everything was beautiful.

My fave place by far for me has to be the Underwater cave...which is called Zama Grotto. but gosh its gonna take me awhile to remember where everything is at, and the new names. Gosh with all this, expect frequent sighting of me in game. xD im'a explore this new wonderful place for awhile.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:42:17 pm by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Creamycatartist

• Forum Newcomer
  • My fursona, Radiowave!
    • RaDIowavEWolfie
    • Radiowave And Shelby!
    • Enderfur
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2016, 09:53:37 pm »
I'm so glad that the game has been updated! I've seen pictures of some of the worlds and they look great! But sadly the game keeps crashing!
" This is your life! Start living it, before it's too late.."

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2016, 09:57:09 pm »
For le Mac / Linux users that need help ^^
Thanks Ya Raz ~!

Read Me ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline firekit

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2016, 10:22:13 pm »
Nvm ^u^

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2016, 10:24:41 pm »
Nvm ^u^

Whom knows. I haven't really heard thing about it yet though so don't take my word for it ^^;
Edit: Okay ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2016, 11:46:59 pm »
I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but unless I installed incorrectly (forgive me if I did), the PlayOnMac thing doesn't work very well because us mac users cannot install anything into the game like the markings pack that was released.  It just installs the .exe game file and you can't seem to view any of the folders like before (exports, presets, etc).  My own characters are marshmallows ;~;  If anyone knows a way around this that would be great, but otherwise it looks like we'll have to wait for the mac version if there will be one.
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline Dawnstorm

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • wow
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2016, 11:55:47 pm »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <33333333333333333333333

Woah-oh-oh
Heaven let your light shine down
Characters
Meeikou - Wildcat/Demon Beast - Loner