Author Topic: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //  (Read 319190 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //
« Reply #430 on: June 15, 2016, 10:09:05 pm »
There have been a few users having issues with redownloading/readding their objects, though I'm not sure what causes it, as I got all my old meshes back and it works perfectly fine. But yes, nothing has been changed in regards to the exports folder so maps should be fine, and a few things have been changed with the objects folder but it doesn't effect custom meshes.

So really just markings, mods, emotes, and items are the only things you have to worry about, but most of those are already being fixed to be compatible with the new update. And no worries Arctic, there has been just a lot of different issues and stuff floating around, and a lot of stuff can get mixed up and confused.

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 15, 2016, 10:57:27 pm »
Wow. I haven't played FH in a fair while (I've been on a hiatus from the game for a while, and planned to stay that way until August, but one of my friends told me the game updated so I just had to go check it out)! I have a couple questions, though.
1. Will there be a way to keep the old maps? For the sake nostalgia, I would like to go back to them
2. If we downloaded a map in the old version, will the map disappear? I have maps from RPs I used to be in, and I don't want to leave them behind forever.
3. If we downloaded mods into the game, will this new version erase it?
4. On our desktop, will their be two separate icons and file folders? Or will downloading this completely change my files? I keep a fair amount on non-FH related files in the FH folder since it's easier to access in my opinion (and I actually remember where I keep my things), so I don't want to have to move all those files.

Thanks! I'll probably download this soon, but only after my questions have been answered, as the post seemed a bit unclear to me.
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 15, 2016, 11:02:40 pm »
Wow. I haven't played FH in a fair while (I've been on a hiatus from the game for a while, and planned to stay that way until August, but one of my friends told me the game updated so I just had to go check it out)! I have a couple questions, though.
1. Will there be a way to keep the old maps? For the sake nostalgia, I would like to go back to them
2. If we downloaded a map in the old version, will the map disappear? I have maps from RPs I used to be in, and I don't want to leave them behind forever.
3. If we downloaded mods into the game, will this new version erase it?
4. On our desktop, will their be two separate icons and file folders? Or will downloading this completely change my files? I keep a fair amount on non-FH related files in the FH folder since it's easier to access in my opinion (and I actually remember where I keep my things), so I don't want to have to move all those files.

Thanks! I'll probably download this soon, but only after my questions have been answered, as the post seemed a bit unclear to me.

1) No way to have access to the old maps although there are some users whom are recreating such maps.

2) Keep your maps saved and export them as you have once before ( pretty sure ) although some have issues with them.

3) Mods that aren't compatible with the update may not work.

4) The update will simply overwrite/replace the files. There will only be one icon. So anything that you want saved, keep a back up file.

Hope I covered everything c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline bomarbones

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2016, 11:38:23 pm »
Ummm... I dont want to go through utorrents and websetups, is there an easier way? Like do i just reinstall FH or is there a tab that says download somewhere so its an easy, smooth, non hassle felt way? I dunt wanna hear my grandpa cussing like last time.[Was that too much?]

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 15, 2016, 11:46:52 pm »
Ummm... I dont want to go through utorrents and websetups, is there an easier way? Like do i just reinstall FH or is there a tab that says download somewhere so its an easy, smooth, non hassle felt way? I dunt wanna hear my grandpa cussing like last time.[Was that too much?]

uTorrent & Web is the only way so far.
If you do the web setup, it doesn't really give a hassle as it pretty much does everything for you.

Offline bomarbones

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 16, 2016, 12:28:56 am »
Thank chu for teh help.

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 16, 2016, 12:29:19 am »
May I ask, how does the web setup work? I can't tell if it's doing anything... (Sorry, I'm new to this)
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 16, 2016, 12:32:28 am »
May I ask, how does the web setup work? I can't tell if it's doing anything... (Sorry, I'm new to this)

Check here c:

Shallow's Tutorial

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 16, 2016, 12:38:27 am »

Check here c:

Shallow's Tutorial
Thank you!

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
« Reply #439 on: June 16, 2016, 03:27:37 am »
Oh cool! :D

I'll wait before updating though; I'll add this to my Bookmarks and come back to it later, then get the update when I've cleaned up everything...
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D