Author Topic: Is Feral Heart dying?  (Read 18048 times)

wolfdog01

Re: Is Feral Heart dying?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 04:46:43 pm »
I do have to agree with WoldQueen on this one, sadly. I know that when the update came to my ears I instantly downloaded it right away, and I had a lot of fun, it was really cool and actually felt like a lot of thought and creativity went into the maps. I love it don't get me wrong, I am in LOVE with the new maps. But it did hurt when I looked back at old screenshots of the old maps, I did miss them. I had a lot of memories at Sky's Rim, Ascension Island, and Bonfire Island, even Temple of Dreams. And it did make me sad when I didn't see any of those maps in the updated game. But I still have the old game so it's all good I guess lol. But I do have to admit, the login system does kinda frustrate me. It was easy getting used to the new forums, the only thing I miss from that is that title picture when you refreshed the page lol they were pretty. I also don't think FH will be as big as it used to be, whether it be for lack of interest or the login or what have you. I remember the bad token days and the time when so many friends would be online. But hey, this could just be a bump in the road. I am sure that FH will get big again, like I said though maybe not as big as it used to be, but I know I'll never leave even if I don't go online I'll still love FH so no matter what happens I am behind this game 100%, even if some of the changes I don't love, we all can't get what we want.
Dying? Maybe not. Going through peuberty? Yeah.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:50:13 pm by wolfdog01 »

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2016, 05:47:46 pm »
I don't think of FeralHeart as dying, although the number of average people online has been cut in half since I joined two years ago.

Most people simply have school and jobs to attend to, which take priority over a game.

Offline iCharlez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • direfulfloof
    • channel/UCXYaNpit55vn5woGk18CYGA
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2016, 05:02:04 pm »
It does seem that way. It does seem like it's dying. I had an old account that I started back in 2013 or 2014, until I switched to this account.
There were way more people on. I hope it isn't dying.

Download to see me in game!

Offline llunersoull

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 06:29:43 pm »
Not a lot of people been playing because school has started back up and they may not have the time to go on (like me). Personally I love this game it helped me get through some rough times and I hope it continues. http://feral-heart.com/smf/Smileys/default/cry.gif

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2016, 06:48:26 pm »
I honestly can agree to most of the posts here, however, I don't feel FeralHeart is dying as per say.
Yes there has been a significant decrease in players, but think-- alot of users don't check the site often and may be curious as to why the server isn't working etc. I know I used to be like that when I first started playing.
Registration is also disabled for the time being, meaning, people can't create new accounts to bring new faces to the game. Once things pick back up, more new faces will be around and the community for sure will be 'alive' once again.

School season is basically the call to arms in decline during certain hours of the day. However, weekends are peak online time for many. I completely understand where the swamped part comes from, being double enrolled isn't easy!

Yes, admittedly there has been a decline in activity, but I don't think FeralHeart is dying. Every game goes through that stage of decline, but once things peak up once more they keep going strong. FH has been around for five years, and who knows, we have five more coming right?

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline FreakAccident

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • http://tophatlady.deviantart.com
    • TortDoll
    • FilthyDrood
    • View Profile
    • Primitive Call
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 12:35:23 pm »
https://www.similarweb.com/website/feral-heart.com#overview

That might help answer your question, and help revive it... if they decide to actually look into this and consider getting more people to actually join. Sure, people might look at the site, but how many login and actually RP?

I spot a lot of noobies that normally just socialize rather than do any big RPs, there's not enough people to fill in spots for bigger group RPs, maybe a handful, but even then they're a group of friends already.

Anyways, I think it's a good idea to figure out how to up this community again, a "big update" is not gonna keep FeralHeart's members. Here's a start: Open Registration.
No, I'm not new.
DeviantArt | TopHatLady
Connection Issues? Click me!
Sig By Arborath

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 04:39:51 pm »
Anyways, I think it's a good idea to figure out how to up this community again, a "big update" is not gonna keep FeralHeart's members. Here's a start: Open Registration.[/color]
Have any of the administrators explained why the registration is always closed?

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 11:08:20 pm »
Anyways, I think it's a good idea to figure out how to up this community again, a "big update" is not gonna keep FeralHeart's members. Here's a start: Open Registration.[/color]
Have any of the administrators explained why the registration is always closed?

It's currently closed for the site revamps: Raz has stated he's fixing it to ensure there is less activation problems and smoother operation overall.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Drunk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 09:02:24 am »
FeralHeart is occupied by living people, some bots, and some can only be considered half a person, but mostly yes most of FH is currently dying. Once you've stopped growing you are definitely reaching further and further into the state of decay.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 09:13:37 am »
Somewhat dying ATM, that cold be fixed.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"