Author Topic: After login/Server launch (BLACK LANDSCAPE SHOWING ONLY CHARACTER)???  (Read 793 times)

Offline Moonchez

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Hey there, I've been playing Feral Heart on my Acer Swift 1 until it broke down.  I've now switched to my dad's older and bigger laptop DELL Vostro.  After downloading Feral Heart and adding my Installations for packs/Fur textures, I launch the game/Login/ and then when I enter the world I can only see my character in a blank space.. As in its just my character and there's nothing there, it's all black. It still shows the icons for emotes/chat/menu and stuff but there isn't anyone talking, it's like I'm in a oblivion of space of some sort and it isn't fun.  I've tried toggling the video settings as well, and keep in mind that I always have the 'Play Game' online on my browser. I'm not sure how to solve this solution anymore, I've tried restarting the laptop/checking my internet connection/re installing Feral Heart and it's files but nothing seems to work.  Does anyone have any solution to this? I'm using quite a old laptop but its fairly good since it was expensive when my father bought it, Intel Core i5 and it had a built in windows 7. I'm currently up to date on Windows 10.  I'm not too keen on the technical stuff, so my bad if I forgot a few details.

~Moonchez.

Rhakorra

Re: After login/Server launch (BLACK LANDSCAPE SHOWING ONLY CHARACTER)???
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:36:59 pm »
Just in case go to FH folder-->media--->particles. Anything ending with _0 or _1 delete it. If that doesnt work ty running FH as administrator by right clicking the icon and clicking run as administrator.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:09 pm »
Have you tried resetting your character's Home and using the Go Home button in-game? It sounds as though your character is simply in a map that is not available.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:03:23 pm »
I actually just helped someone with this on Discord.

Firstly, if you happen to be in any private maps, you'll have to re-download those to be able to see them again, try going to your character biography in game and then the home tab, hit reset home then go home. If it tells you "cannot find map file" keep reading;

If by chance you happen to still be in a black screen, lonely cave or any public maps are not showing still and you're getting the error "cannot find map file", then uninstall and re-install the game completely. Re-installing the game helped them, so I'm assuming it should help you as well if it's not a private map issue. I tried giving the map files to this person and it didn't work, re-installing fixed the issue whole, so I recommend this. (of course back up any mods and stuff you'd like to move over after installing) If you try this again, suggest making sure you've fully uninstalled the game before doing it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:08:59 pm by Likuu »
artwork by dehvina