Author Topic: Animated Preset?  (Read 9504 times)

Crocodile

Re: Animated Preset?
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 12:41:50 am »
It worked! :D

Crocodile

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 12:43:45 am »
Thank you SOOO much! I can do the sunset/sunrise animation now!

Can I use the same code for body, head, eyes, etc. but just putting them in the proper place and replacing the file names?

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 12:47:54 am »
Thank you SOOO much! I can do the sunset/sunrise animation now!

Can I use the same code for body, head, eyes, etc. but just putting them in the proper place and replacing the file names?

lol You're welcome. And that code should work for the rest of the body too.

Crocodile

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 12:54:13 am »
Also, how do you do fur textures? I have no idea.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:56:09 am »
Also, how do you do fur textures? I have no idea.

You just edit the preset files, in Photoshop or some other editing program. You can just paint however you like, use fur brushes, or use a texture overlay.

You can also use the shade files in the FH/Media/Textures folder.

Crocodile

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:15 pm »
I know I'm asking so many questions, and I'm sorry. :(

But, how many different "slides" can you make on a preset? I currently have 20, but I might have at least 50. :/

Could I get it to all work at the same time?

How do I change the time intervals? I'd like her to have 5 second intervals.

And this is sort of off topic, but how do I do the glow code for a specific marking? the animation wil have stars, and if they could glow, that's be great. I might make her eyes glow, too, but I can just use the general code for that, right?

Crocodile

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 02:14:49 pm »
I found out how to do the glowing thing, but how would I do glowing with animation?

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 03:55:30 pm »
I know I'm asking so many questions, and I'm sorry. :(

But, how many different "slides" can you make on a preset? I currently have 20, but I might have at least 50. :/

Could I get it to all work at the same time?

How do I change the time intervals? I'd like her to have 5 second intervals.

And this is sort of off topic, but how do I do the glow code for a specific marking? the animation wil have stars, and if they could glow, that's be great. I might make her eyes glow, too, but I can just use the general code for that, right?

Any amount of "slides" should work, if you write them all in the code. It might cause some serious lag in game though... You'll have to test it out.

What do you mean, work at the same time?

To change time intervals change the number at the end of the slide list in the code: where you put "preset_2tail2.jpg preset_2tail1.jpg 1" change the 1 to a 5.

You can have the animations glow, you just need to combine the glow code with the anim code. Basically what makes the glow is the "emissive" part of the coding. In Sully's words:

"'ambient 0.5 0.5 0.5' is what makes your base layer get darker and lighter depending on your surroundings. If you don't like this, simply delete it. If you want to have a more dramatic lighting effect, try 'ambient 0.3 0.3 0.3'; for a softer lighting effect try 'ambient 0.7 0.7 0.7' etc. You can play around with it until you find something you like...

'emissive 1.0 1.0 1.0' is what makes your markings layer glow in the dark. In [this code] it is set at full color... You can play around with the numbers until you find something you like; for starters, 1.0 0.0 0.0 is red, 0.0 1.0 0.0 is green, and 0.0 0.0 1.0 is blue; but either way you should get good results..."

So all you really need to do is change the "emissive 0.0 0.0 1.0" to "emissive 1.0 1.0 1.0" for your glowing stars, and "ambient 1.0 1.0 1.0" to "ambient 0.5 0.5 0.5" for the base (you can lose those extra 0's that are in the code, and you can change up the numbers if you want different effects as stated above).

It also helps if your texture (the stars) have a light painted glow around them already. Helps it look like the glow is shining outwards.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:59:08 pm by Lawcere »

Crocodile

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 04:51:40 pm »
I had 20 "slides", laveled body.jpg, body2.jpg, body3.jpg, etc.

When I put the code in, body2-9 were deleted, and in the preset maker the folder that i wanted to export didn't even show up. I moved it a couple times, got rid of all but five "slides", and edited the code. Same effect as before.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 04:55:08 pm »
I had 20 "slides", laveled body.jpg, body2.jpg, body3.jpg, etc.

When I put the code in, body2-9 were deleted, and in the preset maker the folder that i wanted to export didn't even show up. I moved it a couple times, got rid of all but five "slides", and edited the code. Same effect as before.

That's... weird. The number of files you use shouldn't matter. And it's not like you completely changed the coding... Paste an example of your code, like the left part of the body so I can see?