Author Topic: lost connection to map server/ other stuff meow.  (Read 12150 times)

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
lost connection to map server/ other stuff meow.
« on: July 10, 2012, 12:43:03 am »
Hello, i'm a noobie here. Downloaded this game early this morning, started it up but right after i entered the gameplay only like 5 seconds passed before lost connection to mapserver popped up ;[ Sometimes when i finally get to the entrance leading to another map it starts "reconnecting" and i lose connection to main server.

I'm no computer wiz so use laymen terms for me porfavor?

i did read the big help thread that red had posted but it didn't really solve anything for me, just told me to wait it out which i did all day. tried it after waiting a couple of hours inbetween. I tried doing a few things myself as well to try and get it working, (updating drivers and checking my internet connection, adding it as an exception in my firewall, restarting my computer and modem) but like i said i'm no wiz.

So if anyone has any ideas or explanations throw them at me? i'd be grateful ^^ Seems like it'd be a fun game, hoping i don't have to give it up.

CloudFish

Re: lost connection to map server/ other stuff meow.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:08:14 am »
Depending on where you were trying to go it could have been server related. Fluorite plains during prime-time hours is bad place to get to, as is Bonfire and sometimes the Cape.

The server has also been experiencing problems as of late. But as far as this goes, it sounds like it's a connection problem. Know you probably have, but check your modem, make sure everything's connected/plugged in well.

Also note you somewhat need a fast internet service to plug through this game. So prease check that also.

Not much to tell you to help if you've follow the help thread. Perhaps try smaller less populated maps, like Lonely cave and last cave.

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:35:07 am »
thank you for responding cloudfish :]

yea i've heard that it can get crowded in some areas at times. But i couldn't get past the lonelycave/ southpole cause the problem kept happening. i tried making different characters, changing settings, trying on a different computer but still the same thing :[

i checked my modem so much XD all i know is i have an excellent signal strength right now and a latency of 77ms if that helps?

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:40:44 am »
Is it just plain not working, or is it lag?
If lag, the solution may be updating your video card/graphic card to the newest version.

CloudFish

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 03:03:40 am »
Sounds like it's connecting and losing connection rapidly. I'm not sure how to deal with this besides messing with connection settings. Do you have any other things that stream large amounts of data? PS3/360/Wii? Another computer or laptop?

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 03:10:52 am »
no, i don't believe it is lag, i can move around just fine. Just after a couple of minutes a box appears and says "reconnecting" then "lost connection to map server" then im just stuck running around in the same map, i can't exit and there are no other players.

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 03:14:33 am »
@cloudfish that's odd, how would i change the connection settings? lol im stoopid :<

And nu, i have no gaming consoles and i have a laptop but i didn't have it on when i was doing this until i went to try and see if i had better luck with it. I don't use it often cause its basically falling apart lol.

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:31:25 am »
Do you have other programs up when running FH?

Connection settings could be thing you have to take up with service provider, but you can try resting modem a few times.

Otherwise it kind of depends on what kind of service you haves.

Offline dinosaar

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 03:36:48 am »
no i made sure to try running it by itself to see if that fixed the problem earlier. i do turn the modem off and leave it off for a while before plugging it back up but no change.

I was wondering if maybe the amount of ram i have is the problem? but idk too much about that.

CloudFish

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 03:47:49 am »
Hm. don't think ram should mess with it too much less you have a large amount.

am not really sure. can try performing clean sweep and see if it fixes, but I am not sure so much how to direct you to do this.