Author Topic: Lag issues? (Read)  (Read 1900 times)

~Firepool~

Lag issues? (Read)
« on: September 17, 2012, 12:18:47 am »
EDIT(11/27/12): For the most part, my problems have been fixed.  Thanks for the help!
Sincerely,
~Firepool~

Hey all! I've been having various lagging and map problems while playing the game. Here's a list of what's happening:

Immense Lag-
1. Lose sight of my mouse
2. Game freezes up, and then returns to normal
3. Mainly occurs in the Plains. (Populated Area's such as Stone bridge & Cape portal)
4. Screen Darkens when the game freezes

Map issues-
1. It starts with the mouse freezing on the loading screen. After this happens, it says the game is "Not responding." Then, the screen flashes white and it returns to normal. However, I'm unable to access the map because I'm getting "Bad Token" Messages. The mouse is also hard to move before the Bad Token message pops up.

I have downloaded about 2 maps recently. (One of them was very large.) I figured it may have been the larger map causing the Lag, so I ended up removing it from the exports folder and later deleting. Game quality was slightly better, but I'm still having the same problems as mentioned above. I've also downloaded a Marking's pack recently aswell. (One of the popular one's, but I'm unsure of the name.)

My game was working fine this morning, yet when I tried to go on earlier (Around Noon), it stared spazzing.

Could someone help please? I've read the Help thread, yet didn't find much, other than to reinstall the game.

Thank you so much! <3
~Firepool~
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:53:20 pm by ~Firepool~ »

Offline Nightfangy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Lag issues? (Read)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:23:43 am »
FH has been experiencing this this problem in a whole if you loose sight of your mouse just right click the game commonly freezes up due to the amount of people who enter the plains yup this has happened to me so the best thing to do is deal with it this is flourite's problem so best to avoid going there if your comp can't handle that lag. Hope this helps any more questions fell free to ask. BTW today they were fixing the servers so around that noon time is when it was spazzing out so yea XD.
I got an account reset, that's why my account looks a bit odd.

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:39:12 am »
Like stated above, servers were having trouble today.

Also, don't know if has tried, but can lower lag by turning off water reflection, and lowering view distance to minimum.

Offline Kashii

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE. READ LATEST POST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 06:12:15 pm »
Immense Lag - loosing sight of mouse

1. If you loose sight of your mouse, like you know it definitely is pointing to somewhere in the game window, it's possible that you accidentally hit 'Tab' which closes all in-game windows. If it's just your mouse, I'm sorry but I can't help.

But if all the windows are disappearing, just hit 'tab' again and your mouse will appear along with other windows. And also.. Just to think again, you should press tab when you can't find your mouse, then all the windows will disappear, then press 'tab' again and it is most likely everything (all the windows, the mouse) will reappear.

Hope it helps, dear.
I will no longer be active on this account. Please read my latest post.

Thank you for the derpy avii, Kikiveto. ;3

Offline RosesThorns

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • :33
    • ilikechocolate123344
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:41 pm »
I have the same thing! This works a lot:

Turn off water reflection
Make distance low

Lagging is from trees, and how much people are in the map. It's normal, really.

(^???^) < SANIK SPEED!

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 12:37:13 am »
If you lose your sight of the mouse, just disconnect then log back in. It'll come back.

And how your game freezes then recovewrs, that just means your in a populated place and you should move or look up at the sky so it doesn't lag.

And it mainy occurs in Flourite Plains is because Flourite Plains is very popular and lots of users go there to advertise and such.

And I don't know what to do when the screen darkens, just don't go to over crowded places and I think you'll be fine.

Or you can turn off water reflection. It'll help it only by a little though.

Just try to stay away from crowded areas.

~~Alaskan~~

~Firepool~

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 08:46:02 pm »
Ooh, I never realized how many people replied. Thank you. :D

I looked into my computer a little, and actually found out it's the computer itself and not the game to blame here. Luckily, it's not happening on my main computer, so that's good.

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • I'm not crazy! your just too weird
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 01:07:19 am »
It's best to turn off water reflection and lower distance like everyone stated
I think it will also be the best to Advoid the plains since a lot of servers crash there and some lagging experience
(You- have-nothing-to-fear-but-fear-itself)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 03:53:59 pm »
I know a few ways to fix these issues, easy to do!

Solutions to stop the lag and freezing:
- Open up FH and go onto the 'Options'
- On the Interface section scroll to 'Arrival chat name type' and click 'Don't Show'
- Go onto the Sound section and on all Effects, Music and GUI, turn them down to 0.
  (Optional, but it helps provent lag.)
- Go to the Video section and turn the water reflection off!
- Finally, you can also go to view distance under water reflection, put that to 0.

Tips:
When you log onto the game and enter the server there is a little box arrow under the scroll. Click it and there are some chat optionsm If you untick the ones you don't need it will also provent lag. DO NOT press 'Shift f3' or 'Shift f4' one of the many reasons you crash.

(FH have been experiancing some crashing issues, main reason is because there are too many players trying to get into one server.)

Hope this helped PM me for more solutions. Good luck~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone