Author Topic: Preset not working?  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Inoheiwa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Inoheiwa in-game
    • Inoheiwa
    • soramaterasu
    • NobodyXIV14
    • View Profile
Preset not working?
« on: January 27, 2016, 12:29:30 am »
Alright, so I installed a set of Warrior Cat presets. I went to use the StarClan preset after installing the pack, editing the material file and the image files to say 'preset_1' instead of 'preset_8', and when I went to use it in the game, there were no presets to speak of.

I went back, thinking I might have needed to export it, but the exporting wasn't working either, giving me the message 'Failed to export preset'. I saw another thread, and checked it for info, but it had nothing at that time.

How can I get the preset to work?
Click image to download Lucy's preset!

I do not and will not use Preset Sync!
Taking preset requests! PM for info

Echoing harmony

Re: Preset not working?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 12:33:39 am »
Were you putting these codes in the Preset_1 coding? If not; I would suggest that.

Otherwise if that's not the case;

-Make sure you saved the file (Okay, I know that's silly, but this happens countless of times where I freak out at my computer when my preset does not show up, but then realize that I did not save the material file.)

-Put the preset's PNG files over the default ones for Preset_1 and just edit the coding.

Offline Inoheiwa

• Inoheiwa in-game
    • Inoheiwa
    • soramaterasu
    • NobodyXIV14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 12:38:16 am »
I was editing the material so that preset_8 was preset_1, and I saved it when I closed it. It wasn't showing up in the original preset maker before.

I'm not quite sure how I would do that. If it requires an art program, it cannot be done by me, and I believe that also counts as recoloring the files, which the creator mentioned being against the rules.

It's showing up just fine in the preset maker, but the preset isn't in the character creator.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:41:00 am »
Check your Presets folder and look for the .fhp file if you have exported it, it should show up as
username_1.fhp I have a feeling you might have two presets under your account with the same file but I could be wrong.

Sorry if this does not help, I'm not too good with presets ^^'

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:46:12 am »
If it's showing up fine in preset maker, then all you have to do is click "export". The preset file, or for you it's probably "username_1.fhp", should be in your "presets" folder. If it is, then you simply go into the character creator, click "use preset", click on the one you wish to use, then save your character ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Inoheiwa

• Inoheiwa in-game
    • Inoheiwa
    • soramaterasu
    • NobodyXIV14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 01:01:17 am »
Heart: I just looked, and it wasn't there. The only two files there are the readme from the FH download, and the rim.dss image that the set required for use with this specific preset.

Kikiory: Once again, there's no 'username_1.fhp' file in the presets folder. And the export button, as I believe I mentioned in the first post, is bringing up the error message of 'Failed to export preset' every time I attempt to use it.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 01:11:58 am »
The "username" part of "username_1.fhp" should be your actual username c;

As for the error message, it's possible that it's caused by something in the preset. In preset maker, are all the files showing up? Are there any "marshmallow" or black and yellow areas? Be sure to check both sides of the head and body, the tail, the eyes, the mane, and the equip (if there is one)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Inoheiwa

• Inoheiwa in-game
    • Inoheiwa
    • soramaterasu
    • NobodyXIV14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 03:44:43 am »
I checked it all. The entire body is semi-transparent, as it should be, with the only marshmallows being the stars where they're actually supposed to be.

As for black and yellow areas, there are none. Even in the test, I scrolled to check the underfur, and found nothing. There are no equip files, I don't think, but the mane files worked just fine when tested, only with a slightly darker color.

And I also kinda figured that it would have been 'Inoheiwa_1.fhp' in the files, but as mentioned, there were no files of the sort.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 03:47:47 am »
There are marshmallow stars appearing on the preset? May I have a screenshot of this? This might be the issue
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Inoheiwa

• Inoheiwa in-game
    • Inoheiwa
    • soramaterasu
    • NobodyXIV14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 04:02:11 am »
They're supposed to be there, though. Goldchocobo posted an image of all the presets in a banner for the thread, and the StarClan preset had the stars. The stars color is that of the marshmallow glitch, but the stars were intentional.