Author Topic: Game Not Installing Properly (Solved)  (Read 5468 times)

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Game Not Installing Properly (Solved)
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:02:21 am »
This is my first post in a while.. Please bear with me. ((I actually forgot that I posted stuff here w o w))

So I've tried to install the game twice, but when I open it there are missing textures and it won't let me log in.. I'm at a total loss. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
RAM: 12 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:49:36 am by xSilvWolf »

Cosmic-Wolf

Re: Game Not Installing Properly
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 04:08:37 am »
Have you installed any mods or moved anything in your textures folder? I would check your textures folder to make sure everything looks alright.

As for not being able to log in, make sure you have the log in page open and running in the background (don't minimize it) as you play.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 04:13:57 am »
Have you installed any mods or moved anything in your textures folder? I would check your textures folder to make sure everything looks alright.

As for not being able to log in, make sure you have the log in page open and running in the background (don't minimize it) as you play.

No, I didn't install anything...

And I made sure I was logged in on the page, too. It said something about not being able to connect to the front server..

I do have McAfee.. Do you think that could be a problem orrr..?

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 04:25:49 am »
The only thing I can think of on the textures thing is that either you accidentally misplaced or deleted a file or it could be a glitch in the game. If it's a glitch, try changing your video rendering system and restarting.

And I don't really know if McAfee would be an issue, unless you have a firewall up, so I would check that too.

And also, are you waiting 30-60 seconds after logging in? A lot of times it won't connect if you don't wait. And the best browser to use with it is either Chrome or Firefox. It may also help to use a url refreshing plugin or site(I use Refreshthis.com)

Sorry if this all seems confusing. ^^' Not too good at explaining things yet.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 04:30:49 am »
The only thing I can think of on the textures thing is that either you accidentally misplaced or deleted a file or it could be a glitch in the game. If it's a glitch, try changing your video rendering system and restarting.

And I don't really know if McAfee would be an issue, unless you have a firewall up, so I would check that too.

And also, are you waiting 30-60 seconds after logging in? A lot of times it won't connect if you don't wait. And the best browser to use with it is either Chrome or Firefox. It may also help to use a url refreshing plugin or site(I use Refreshthis.com)

Sorry if this all seems confusing. ^^' Not too good at explaining things yet.

I guess it could be my graphics card.. Intel isn't the best imo. I'll try that O:

Oh I do have a firewall up... Great the person who got my my desktop doesn't want me to turn it off O: >

And no.. I don't think I waited. So I'll try that, too. (I'm using Firefox yaaayy //doesn't want to get Chome//)

It makes sense to me.. Mostly. :'Dtt so you're fine

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 04:36:03 am »
Yeah Firewalls can sometimes mess things up for everyone. xD

But yeah try all that and see where you get.  :P

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 04:53:55 am »
Okay, so about the textures.. It looks like the worlds themselves might be corrupt. In the preset maker, there is complete nothingness. I would take a screenshot, but it's not working for some reason. .-.
(I looked at the textures, and it looks like they're all there.)

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 05:00:10 am »
Oh my, that does sound really bad. The only thing I can think of then is to reinstall again and try that. Your computer either can't handle the game, or the game files corrupted somehow.

And did you try to change your rendering system?

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 05:07:21 am »
Oh my, that does sound really bad. The only thing I can think of then is to reinstall again and try that. Your computer either can't handle the game, or the game files corrupted somehow.

And did you try to change your rendering system?

Uhhh yeah there are a TON of missing files.. ((I used the mac version as a reference, since I still have the files from that.)) It couldn't be McAfee.. I just checked and the trial or whatever it came with expired..

Yes. That didn't do anything. ;/;

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 05:11:03 am »
Then that sounds like your problem there. I would try reinstalling then. I've never heard of something like that happening before actually(doesn't mean it hasn't though.)