Author Topic: Game Not Installing Properly (Solved)  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Game Not Installing Properly (Save Me)
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 01:25:47 am »
I made 100% sure that I uninstalled it correctly and restarted immediately afterwords.. I also tried changing the rendering system. I don't think there are actually any missing files now.. It seems like they're all there now.

Oh, they just don't show up. It's not the white blobs you're talking about.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 01:28:33 am »
Hmm, do you have the markings.cfg file placed into your main Feral Heart folder?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 01:33:32 am »
Hmm, do you have the markings.cfg file placed into your main Feral Heart folder?
Yes.. But like I said above, I did manage to get them to work by changing tail types/main/ears/etc. But it's only a temporary fix.
Quick question: Do you know if I'm supposed to have anything installed? I know that I had to install XQuartz or Wine for the Mac version.. Just making sure.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2016, 01:41:54 am »
Quick question: Do you know if I'm supposed to have anything installed? I know that I had to install XQuartz or Wine for the Mac version.. Just making sure.
You don't need Wine or XQuartz unless you are running the game on a Mac. When redownloading the game, the download should reset any files that you're missing, unless it's a file that doesn't come with the download.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 01:43:54 am »
You don't need Wine or XQuartz unless you are running the game on a Mac. When redownloading the game, the download should reset any files that you're missing, unless it's a file that doesn't come with the download.
So I don't need anything.. But do any other programs affect how it runs?
I'll reinstall it again I guess... This it like.. The 6th time aha

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 02:31:37 am »
Sometimes if you have mulitple programs running while trying to log into the game can effect it's ability to connect to the server. The only thing I keep open while playing is the login page and sometimes Skype. However, I would try to keep everything but the login page closed if I were you and see how that works.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 02:33:16 am »
Sometimes if you have mulitple programs running while trying to log into the game can effect it's ability to connect to the server. The only thing I keep open while playing is the login page and sometimes Skype. However, I would try to keep everything but the login page closed if I were you and see how that works.
I have everything closed but my browser. I'm looking to see if I can figure out how to allow FH through my firewall. As for my router's firewall.. I can't do anything with that.
Holdup, I can connect now. All of my characters still have markings, too.. Looks like I might be able to fully come back after all! I'll expand on this in a bit.
Yep, it works now! My characters are all still there, too. I guess this can be locked now. O:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:49:08 am by xSilvWolf »

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Game Not Installing Properly (Solved)
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 04:50:49 am »
I'm happy that it's working for you now! I'll go ahead and lock this up since your issue has been fixed. Have fun in the game. c: