Author Topic: How can i get mods on FH?  (Read 6386 times)

Offline Sparkles360

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How can i get mods on FH?
« on: November 08, 2016, 03:22:19 am »
I have been trying to get a wings mod, but I cannot get it in. Could somebody help me? It would be very helpful!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: How can i get mods on FH?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:49:58 am »
Could you link us to the wing mod you're trying to get? :3 Maybe seeing what it is will help us to know the best solutions
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:46:47 am »
Is it a picture or a .skeleton/.mesh file?

If you're trying to get a texture mod aka a picture of feathers or bat wings for the wings, then they belong in C:>FeralHeart>media>textures>masks. Make sure to back up the original files, then move the new textures in and click yes to replace when asked.

If you're trying to get a mod for new wing animations of some sort, the .skeleton/.mesh files, those would go in C:>FeralHeart>media>models. Again make backups of your original files and then move the new ones in and click yes to replace when prompted.

Same will apply to most other mods you get for your game. If its a texture image for your game, it will belong inside the textures folder. If its a texture mod for the character like a fur or eye texture, it belongs in masks. If it's a marking, then the marking image goes in markings and the.cfg file goes inside both the FeralHeart folder and markings (at least thats how it works for my game and markings). Animation mods which are mostly .skeleton files since editing .model files can be a little tough will go in models. Most people will include instructions on how to install such things to your game, like where they go and how to use them, so look to see if there are any included. And its always good to make backups of your original files, just in case the mod you got doesn't look good or doesn't work, something of the like, because then you'll be able to switch back to defaults if need-be. And nothing is going to change if you don't replace the files with the new ones if you're asked to, which is another reason why it's good to have backups.

Hope this helps and good luck to you floof!

Offline Sparkles360

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 02:29:29 pm »
(Wings 2)  http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=17047.0  (although ill need invisible wings to make them flap..)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:03:26 pm »
What you do for the Wings 2 mod is place the skeleton and mesh file in the "models" folder. Feralheart>media>models and then you place the wing2shade file in FeralHeart>media>textures>masks
90% of mods have a .txt instructions file that'll tell ya what to do.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:24:22 pm by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Sparkles360

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 04:24:21 pm »
Thank you. Do I drag the whole folder into the mask folder or do I do it individually?

Offline Sparkles360

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 04:47:20 pm »
Although I have the names in the game in items, I think I might be able to get it on from there.

Offline Sparkles360

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 05:01:54 pm »
I got them in ^-^

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 08:36:08 pm »
Glad to hear! ^^

And you probably figured this out because you got it, but for future reference, when you download files don't move any new folders in any of the FH subfolders because the mod will most likely will not work. The game reads file location info to get its files. On any more mods you may download, check for the Instructions text file or any information on the page you downloaded it from as to how to download it. If not, PM me and I can do my best to help ya. I'm sure there's others who will do the same, so don't be shy to ask around :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:37:58 pm by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Sparkles360

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 09:59:51 pm »
Okay. Thanks! And for the wing flap animation, I need invisible wings. Is there a download I can use?