Author Topic: New update troubles...  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Rainbowfur

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • cut my life into pizzas this is my plastic fork
    • View Profile
New update troubles...
« on: March 28, 2017, 03:22:28 pm »
Call me an oldie but I really miss the old Feralheart. But maybe it's because I'm just really confused. Don't get me wrong I love the addition of the rules and how tidy it's become. But I don't know how to get to all these new places, and the places I do find have little to no people in them (Ficho Tunnels, The Grounds and The Cape) that's all I can find. Where did everybody go? Not to mention everyone is white, and I don't know why. I try to ask people and they don't answer me or they speak another language. Starting to feel really lonely and less inclined to play these days...can anyone help me out?
profile pic by me
mapmaker/preset maker
PM me for commissions^^

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: New update troubles...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:01:19 pm »
The reason people are white is because they use a markings pack you do not have downloaded. Try this one, the Legendary items pack: http://gaegogi.deviantart.com/art/Legendary-Items-Pack-v4-3-Feral-Heart-648772566

As for the decline in numbers, you can often find the largest amount of people in the maps you mentioned, yis. It's true that in-game activity has dropped a bit, but quite a few people have switched from mapless roleplays to mapped. Meaning, they're hanging out in their own custom maps rather than the public ones, so it looks like less people are online.

If yew still need help finding all the new maps, you can check out Bawfle's Quick Finding Map Guide! She put everything together nice and tidy to help fluffs out. (https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=56894.0)

I admit that I miss the old FH maps as well, and hope that one day maybe one or two can be brought back publicly, but there's a solution in the meantime. The old maps were put up for download, so you can still explore and revisit old memories on them. (https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58682.0)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:04:04 pm by Edolicious »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 06:34:23 pm »
If i find 50 people in game, but the server says there are 190-220 online.  That means about 75% of players are on other maps.  Not sure why. The new maps are great and should be used ....  but yeah... strange.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 06:55:51 pm »
I too miss the old FeralHeart. It is taking some time to get used to these new maps, but at least we have the old maps available to download if you ever want to take a trip down memory lane.

Also, another reason you could be seeing a low number of people online is because of the time you play. Of course that all depends on timezones. I'm in the midwest US timezone and usually I get online anywhere from 4-7 pm my time and through the weekdays, it can be rather busy, and the weekends busier.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 12:42:23 am »
Moving this to Game Help. I feel this fits better there as this is more of a question and answer thread, rather than a thread of discussion.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Cookie202

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • its ya gorl
    • Cookie202
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 01:37:43 am »
I saw that Edo linked you to Legendary Items, but you're going to need Legendary Markings as well if you wish to properly see the characters of others. C:
Install this and you won't see random white marshmallows running around anymore!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:41:36 am by Cookie202 »
Signature by Regularities || Icon by CaptainFlare

Offline Rainbowfur

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • cut my life into pizzas this is my plastic fork
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 12:56:57 pm »
Thank you all so much! You've all been a great help. And @Morgra sorry, I didn't know whether this would turn into a discussion or a help thread! Sorry.
I'd like to join some mapped rps but I don't know where anyone advertises anymore so that's a struggle :/
Nevertheless, I'll take all your advice into consideration thanks again.
profile pic by me
mapmaker/preset maker
PM me for commissions^^

Offline Cookie202

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • its ya gorl
    • Cookie202
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 01:33:53 pm »
Glad you got everything figured out! If you're looking for mapped RPs, I'd recommend The Grounds. If you go into that map and sit sort of where the majority of the other players are situated, you should eventually find a mapped group advertising. If you need help finding your way around, I'd be happy to friend you in-game and show you some common / necessary-to-know areas. c:
Signature by Regularities || Icon by CaptainFlare

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 08:47:07 pm »
Thank you all so much! You've all been a great help. And @Morgra sorry, I didn't know whether this would turn into a discussion or a help thread! Sorry.
I'd like to join some mapped rps but I don't know where anyone advertises anymore so that's a struggle :/
Nevertheless, I'll take all your advice into consideration thanks again.

No need to apologize floof ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.