Author Topic: Profile Pic Not Showing  (Read 419 times)

Offline AeroHour

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Profile Pic Not Showing
« on: February 01, 2024, 02:42:25 am »
Hello!
I've referenced and looked through a few forum help topics regarding the same topic but I still can't seem to get my pfp to show/upload. I've tried messing around with the size including 200 x 200, 150 x 150, and 100 x 100. I've tried uploading the pic from my computer and using a direct link via imgur. Still no luck.
I'm using a macbook if that makes a difference?

Any advice or has anyone had the same issue recently?

Thanks in advance!

Offline sinew

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Profile Pic Not Showing
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 04:03:56 am »
I've had the same problem since mid-January. Tried waiting it out to see if it was a temporary server blip but nothing's come of it. It even throws an error when I attempt uploading an image with the dimensions of a single pixel. I'm on Windows so it's definitely not just you.

Offline cosmohause

• Member Of The Season
  • Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Ernfi of Talta
    • cosmohause
    • cosmohause
    • c0ffeev0dka
    • cosmohause
    • View Profile
    • commissions
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 05:10:05 am »
It can be tricky, I have made a quick "how-to" guide, it could also depend on the device you're using. I use a Windows PC/laptop, so I am unsure if it will affect for other devices such as Mac, Linux, phone, tablet, etc. But the basics are/should be more or less the same.

Step One: Forum profiles can only be accessed by going to the forums page of the site, circled in red. Sign in if haven't already, after that click the "Profile" option circled in blue.

Step Two: Now on your profile page you can click onto "Modify Profile" where a selection of tabs are shown, click the top on: "Forum Profile" which should take you to the profile editing page where you can modify anything basically.

Step Three: Profile picture! Of where most seem to be having troubles with. From my understanding you can either a) No Avatar, b) Specify by URL, and C) Upload Avatar.
I find uploading the avatar is the one that gets the job done a lot better than URL, which is just a simple press the checkmark "Upload an Avatar" option then upload whichever image, i believe it works best if the canvas size of said avatar is 100x100 or 50x50. But sometimes this also does not work depending on how many bytes the image itself is so IDK how to fix that personally, or it may take a couple retrys as the site server may be experiencing traffic all at once.

I do hope this helps in some way? If it doesn't then :( come to think of it I have had been having troubles changing it recently too so it's very well possible it's site server side especially with the forums code FH is using (Simple Machines) so it could be a bug. Also hope I'm not stepping over admins toes by answering/coming up with an explanation here, but I figured I'd try to help somehow? Lols :3 best of luck, might have to deal with the No Avatar look for a bit though if its a site server issue.

My Sheezy.ArtSig artist: sapfall Pack of Talta

Offline AeroHour

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 02:40:29 am »
Nope, unfortunately still gives me an error. Tried shrinking the pic down to 50x50, but still no luck. Thank you though!

Offline LateRegret

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • https://www.deviantart.com/later
    • https://www.tumblr.com/blog/lamb
    • https://twitter.com/Lamb2th
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 07:02:48 am »
Also still having this issue, have tried the method mentioned prior as well. I do think it's a bug ><

Just doggin' around!

Online Harleen

• The FeralHeart Local Friend~
  • Member Of The Season
  • Curious Wanderer
  • ''I don't yell at you. I just speak in all caps.''
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 09:46:11 am »
Probably it is a bug. I keep running into the same problem, neither do i have the option to change my profile picture. No matter how small the image is edited to. The error prevents me from uploading it.
Profile art made by kaizer.ashton + Signature by NightR

Offline cosmohause

• Member Of The Season
  • Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • The Ernfi of Talta
    • cosmohause
    • cosmohause
    • c0ffeev0dka
    • cosmohause
    • View Profile
    • commissions
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2024, 07:21:33 am »
It seems a forum site bug then. Nothing we can really do about it till its fixed.

My Sheezy.ArtSig artist: sapfall Pack of Talta