Author Topic: FeralHeart Radios?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
FeralHeart Radios?
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:54:44 am »
Hello, everyone! I am here with a question.

Alright, so, I want to know about these 'radios.' I am thinking about making one, I have everything prepared. So basics are basics.
1. I want to know how to check if it works.
2. I want to know how you would go about posting it here. Such as, do you PM a mod/admin, make a request post, and if there are any requirements needed, and if there are any 'rules.'
So, can anyone help me out by answering these question. Yes, I do know it's done through Listen2myradio, with the Winamp and Shoutcast setup. I truly would enjoy answers! Thanks! Also, if this is the wrong place to have put this and/or I should've PMed a mod or admin, I am sorry! You may lock it or delete it if this is not appropriate to be here.
A shadowest sincere,
~Hallucination
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:00:44 am by Hallucination »

CloudFish

Re: FeralHeart Radios?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:59:12 pm »
As far as checking if it works;

Make sure on the listen2myradio.com information, you have the radio switched to "ON". Afterwards, you'll bring up Winamp and it'll bring up the Shoutcast automatically if you've installed it correctly. This runs off of music you have on your computer, which you move over via the file options in Winamp.

Secondly, you enter all the information into the Shoucast, (I assume you have this done, if not, there are tutorials on the site for assistance, or I can try to help you).

Once you've got the music in, the information (i.e passwords/username/connection speed) you should be able to hit connect, and it will send out the signal. A timer should start up. If it's having problems staying connected, or connecting at all, change the MP3 bps output via the Shoutcast.

Now, bring up the url for your station, and see if it plays.

As for getting it on here. PM either Rimfrost or Ramine, and they'll walk you through getting up. Really it's possible for anyone to make one as long as they broadcast at least once a week, or at least this is what I was told when I made mine.  However I'd keep questions for that stuff to their side of the table.

Hope this helped.

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart Radios?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:50:16 pm »
Thanks so much, CloudFish! And yes, I have completed everything and got it up, it should be working now. So, I just have to PM Ramine or Rimfrost. And I would plan to be quite active, at leastly 2 nights a week if not broadcast every night form a certain time to a certain time, If I'd get it up. Once more, thanks for the information! If anyone can else has any thing to add, they may still post. =)
A shadowest sincere,
~Hallucination