Author Topic: How do you handle stress?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Dacota101

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
How do you handle stress?
« on: November 29, 2015, 04:55:37 am »
Many people have stress, How to do you handle it?

Preach

Re: How do you handle stress?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 05:03:42 am »
The best way handle these struggling situation is to forget, as to even why your stressing yourself. It may be school, life, work, or anything related to you, that can be stressful. I will say that hanging out with friends can relieve the stress or just in a quiet area, just admiring nature. Trust me, sooner or later a smile will cross your lips.

Sleeping is another. Your mind will break down and give you painful headaches, plus your body is telling you you need some sleep for this occasion. My mom sleeps when she comes home from busy day at work. Just sleep. Or if you're like ke, eat. XD I wouldn't want to be stressed on an empty stomach - or don't force myself to not eat, just because I'm stressed.

I also believe writing it in your journal also helps. Once you write those words that eat your soul the most, then the tears with blossom and lighten in your mood - trust me, I've done it before.

Or, if you want, just have a day to yourself.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 05:19:50 am »
Sometimes avoiding it isn't the best solution cause you'll only make yourself sick. (Speaking from experience) Always try talking it out with someone.

Try doing things you love or surrounding yourself in a pleasant environment.

Some common ways I reduce stress are:

- Silly Skype calls with friends
- Play some of my favorite games
- Watch funny Youtube videos
- Relax in a warm shower/bath
- Turn out the lights and take naps or just relax
- Play with animals/pets
- Snuggle up to some movies
- Listen to some catchy music and sing away or dance
- Go on a pleasant walk
- Hang out at a mall
- Read a nice book
- Get a massage

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 06:10:48 am »
Haven't dealt with a lot of stress, but I probably will soon since I'm going to have to start homeschool stuff.

Depends on the situation, though. With the school stuff I mentioned, like my sister, I'm going to have to try reassuring myself I'm okay where I am and the worst that can happen isn't bad. (It'd only be a test, I mean, right?) Plus, there's really no due date for everything in the program I'm gonna use for my homeschool, so yeah. ^^ Although, obviously there are times I /should/ worry, but if it gets too stressful, I mean, I have a technique.

If I'm going somewhere like the doctor for example, again, I'll just reassure myself I'm okay and nothing bad will happen. That's usually my solution, probably, and if it's an emotional thing stressing me I think I'd seek a distraction and try to talk about it.

Sorry if I rambled about it, but yeah!

Offline Dacota101

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 06:12:10 am »
Sometimes avoiding it isn't the best solution cause you'll only make yourself sick. (Speaking from experience) Always try talking it out with someone.

Try doing things you love or surrounding yourself in a pleasant environment.

Some common ways I reduce stress are:

- Silly Skype calls with friends
- Play some of my favorite games
- Watch funny Youtube videos
- Relax in a warm shower/bath
- Turn out the lights and take naps or just relax
- Play with animals/pets
- Snuggle up to some movies
- Listen to some catchy music and sing away or dance
- Go on a pleasant walk
- Hang out at a mall
- Read a nice book
- Get a massage

Thank you :) Your advice really helps ^^

Offline Dacota101

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 06:12:43 am »
The best way handle these struggling situation is to forget, as to even why your stressing yourself. It may be school, life, work, or anything related to you, that can be stressful. I will say that hanging out with friends can relieve the stress or just in a quiet area, just admiring nature. Trust me, sooner or later a smile will cross your lips.

Sleeping is another. Your mind will break down and give you painful headaches, plus your body is telling you you need some sleep for this occasion. My mom sleeps when she comes home from busy day at work. Just sleep. Or if you're like ke, eat. XD I wouldn't want to be stressed on an empty stomach - or don't force myself to not eat, just because I'm stressed.

I also believe writing it in your journal also helps. Once you write those words that eat your soul the most, then the tears with blossom and lighten in your mood - trust me, I've done it before.

Or, if you want, just have a day to yourself.

Thank you, :D

Offline Dacota101

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 06:13:13 am »
Haven't dealt with a lot of stress, but I probably will soon since I'm going to have to start homeschool stuff.

Depends on the situation, though. With the school stuff I mentioned, like my sister, I'm going to have to try reassuring myself I'm okay where I am and the worst that can happen isn't bad. (It'd only be a test, I mean, right?) Plus, there's really no due date for everything in the program I'm gonna use for my homeschool, so yeah. ^^ Although, obviously there are times I /should/ worry, but if it gets too stressful, I mean, I have a technique.

If I'm going somewhere like the doctor for example, again, I'll just reassure myself I'm okay and nothing bad will happen. That's usually my solution, probably, and if it's an emotional thing stressing me I think I'd seek a distraction and try to talk about it.

Sorry if I rambled about it, but yeah!

Ehh don't worry about it, Thank you for your advice!