Author Topic: Bigger maps  (Read 1164 times)

wolfgirl56

Bigger maps
« on: September 05, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
More maps, but BIGGER
Don't you hate it when you try to get into Fluorite Plains and you have to get that 'Bad token' message? Well, I say Kovu needs to add more maps, especially big ones. Everyone in Bonfire is cramped up. There's 200+ people in Fluorite, and sometimes the people on the server add up to 1000! Even though South Pole is big, don't get me wrong, I like it, but I like to get into maps like Bonfire and Fluorite Plains, with the forest-y atmosphere and all.
What chu guise think? ;D

Thierry

Re: Bigger maps
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:46:29 pm »
This has been suggested a lot of times, and i agree with you.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »
Murr.. well. Raz changed the limit, there can now be up to 300 players in the Plains.
Eh, our current maps just need to be updated n all.

I don't see why Kov needs to add more. I think we have enough maps.
But like I said, updates, updates n updates. :B

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:56 pm »
While it would be nice to have more bigger maps I don't think we really need it especially since most of the needed environment types except maybe a few like swamp, mountain, and savannah have been added in game. Any other new maps added will probably just repeat a current theme. Another reason I don't think we need more maps is because we already have so many and if the new maps Kovu makes are anything like the South Pole, Atlantis, and Last Cave they would be very pretty but dead. I strongly think that more work needs to be done on the current maps. I think most people are crowding up in Fluorite and Bonfire because those two maps are like the only ones aside from SkysRim that have caves and a more liveable atmosphere that's good for RP. It would be nice to see caves, caverns, crevices, and all of these sort of den types added through out the other maps. Most of the current maps aside from Bonfire seem big enough to hold plenty people... I think the problem with the newest maps especially is that they are just too big and nice to look at but have nothing to offer to boost the imagination of RPers etc... If more attention and detail was put to bring the other map environments to life I'm sure the community would spread out more and not crowd in the few liveable maps. It would be nice to see the South Pole for example having various pine trees scattered about, with small & large ice caves and frozen lake beds placed into it. Maybe even cut the South Pole in half slightly and transform a partially area of it into a tundra like environment with small brush and rocky terrain. Bonfire could be made bigger or it can be updated and maybe Kovu can consider removing much of the scattered messy random flowers that litter the island that make it look over stimulating to the eyes and gives the illusion that the island is small. Bonfire all together needs a good amount of fixing maybe even adding some more caves so people stop crowding in that one up on the hill.
Here's a good post that discusses just some of that :
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=25478.0
Honestly I just wish to see an update soon enough that will improve the current new maps and some of the old ones tremendously so as to make them all a place that welcomes everyone and not just a place to sit around and RP what the enviroment should look like.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:33:27 pm by LordSuragaha »