Author Topic: Chat Suggestions and Ideas  (Read 2655 times)

ZombieKitteh

Chat Suggestions and Ideas
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:24:52 pm »
- A chat channel specifically for group advertising. A new one could be added entirely or just repurpose general for this task. Spamming movies is absolutely dreadful and, for me personally, is one of the reasons having general removed in public maps was so awful.

- Ability to copy/paste in chat. A simple idea in itself; not too much more to say on the matter. It would be especially nice for roleplay advertising or roleplaying.

- An easy way to do line spacing in the chat. I can't be the only one who gets really annoyed by not being able to do line spacing in roleplays. Let us have the ability to use proper grammar and not huge jumbled text paragraphs. Please.

- A chat channel for roleplaying, but different from a roleplay advertising one. Sometimes in public maps people roleplay and sometimes you don't want to see it if you're just there chilling with your friends nearby. A roleplay chat channel could also maybe have a higher character limit if possible. Since it'd be separate from the other chats and toggle-able (Like the other channels) you could simply turn it off if the greater character limit is too much spam for you. It'd be nice to have more characters for roleplaying.

- Might be a little bit of a stretch, would most likely be a big project, but having the ability to resize text and colors. It'd be client-side only. I imagine it'd be really helpful for those with vision problems or if they find a certain channel color too difficult to read.

l3irdie

Re: Chat Suggestions and Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 12:08:27 am »
I actually do quite like these ideas, especially a designated roleplay channel and advertisement. Nicer way to have bigger reach (almost like general chat), I think my one concern is copy and paste, I could see it being abused to link people to links that are NSFW or unsafe, or make it easier to spam. But I still do see the reasoning as it is cumbersome to keep typing up ads frequently
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:26:06 am by l3irdie »

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 12:15:16 am »
Hmm I like those ideas! But I agree with Birdie on the copy and pasting. Possible issues that I don't even want to list...

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 05:38:04 pm »
"A chat channel specifically for group advertising"

I'm sold on this.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 06:50:48 pm »
Might as well share my opinions on this. c:

chat channel specifically for group advertising:
I strongly agree with this, it will help separate normal chatter and movie spam from roleplay advertisements.

copy/paste in chat:
Not that I disagree, it can be made so that links are checked first through a filter, spam avoided with a cooldown penalty, etc. However, as far as I know FH isn't equipped with such filters or text editing tools and they'd have to be made from scratch.

line spacing in the chat:
Not sure what is meant? :o

chat channel for roleplaying:
I do agree with this as well. Can't tell you how many "could you rp elsewhere" misunderstandings I've seen before.

higher character limit:
Aside from character and group bios, this doesn't bother me personally. Then again, I don't type up 5 character-limit-breaking long rp posts often so what do I know? xD

resize text and colors:
Back to the copy/paste line. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 08:43:02 pm »
Line spacing as in paragraph breaks. You can do them in bios with holding ctl+enter, but not in chat.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 03:05:52 am »
Line spacing as in paragraph breaks. You can do them in bios with holding ctl+enter, but not in chat.

If you hit ctrl+J you can move down a line! c:

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 12:04:28 pm »
Ah, yeah. Also ctrl+H does an indent like the tab key normally would I think? So those do exist, just in an odd way. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 02:56:01 am »
lovin' these ideas.
copy-pasting links is sort of iffy but i get the intent behind wanting it in game. tinyurl gets old after a while.
custom text color+sizing i feel like should come with individuals being able to change the chatbox color/opacity too.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline FriskTheRisk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Also known as BlazeTheLioness
    • BlazeTheLioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 05:30:49 am »
Mentioned this in another topic, but mentioning here as well: Maybe this 'copy-pasting' could only work with 'trusted' sites for FH? Like, say, Mediafire, the forums themselves or dA. This would prevent people from entering unsafe links at least.