Author Topic: dark mane  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
artwork by dehvina

Offline account

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: dark mane
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 08:29:45 pm »
no its PURE BLACK Omg if you look at the default FH hair it has little bits in it of shade where its not black but say if you make a preset and make a black mane with NO shade or texture to it its PURE black i know its a shade modification because i had it before im sorry but i am furious right now trying to find this shade it makes me mad having to back everything up during patches and my stupid brain forgets to and i lose something that i liked a lot on the game now the mane just plain out doesnt look fully black and it looks ugly :I

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 08:32:30 pm »
Hiya!
To make your mane pitch black is fairly simple, no mods needed.
Just go to your main FeralHeart folder and click on media > textures > masks
Then what you want to do is scroll all the way down and delete the file that says "fmaneLight"
Though please do keep a backup of that file if you ever want your mane to seem lighter!

The answer to your question should be here, account. Just follow it accordingly! Let me know if this worked or not. <3
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:35:01 pm by Notorious. »

Offline account

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 08:40:53 pm »
Hiya!
Then what you want to do is scroll all the way down and delete the file that says "fmaneLight"
Though please do keep a backup of that file if you ever want your mane to seem lighter!

The answer to your question should be here, account. Just follow it accordingly! Let me know if this worked or not. <3

nope u can still see the shade on it i dont want to see the shade on the black but i need the shade on the other colors like white etc e.e

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 08:43:19 pm »
Hiya!

nope u can still see the shade on it i dont want to see the shade on the black but i need the shade on the other colors like white etc e.e

Could you provide a screenshot of what your masks folder looks like when you scroll all the way down? I also do not think it's possible to get a pitch black mane and then a shaded white one especially when you're removing the fmaneLight file from your folder.

Offline account

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 08:45:12 pm »
i have the default FH mane textures and it is possible because i had it for like 1+ year and cant seem to find it online anywhere again so i know im not going nutts and i did have it so it exists e.e

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 08:52:29 pm »
Here are some screenshots of what my manes look like after removing the fmaneLight file from the masks folder.
Perhaps this is what you're looking for? Basically something like the screenshots provided?

Pitch black mane

Shaded white mane?

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 08:58:26 pm »
Hello! I think know what you mean. A way to get your mane to look this way takes a bit of knowledge with an art program such as Gimp or Sai. I use Paint Tool Sai for most of my editing and art needs. However to make things easier, I have the same mane style here:

If the file is not named this already, rename the file to: fmaneLight.jpg
and drop the image file into your textures > masks folder!
When the game asks you if you want to replace the older file, click OK/Yes!
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline account

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 07:52:53 am »
THANK GOD I FOUND A BACK UP thanks to those who tried to help literally i went to bed angry as anything at myself for thinking i didnt back it up last night, it wound me up but then i realised when i turned off my pc i had a mane file hidden in my preset folder on my desktop i use for preset making, turns out it is the back up and correct mane i was looking for that i lost phew
From the looks of it the fmanelight just needs to be plain black as the one i have now is the rest being there usual un-edited from the looks of it
looks like the one Notorious. posted was also it since they have screenshots to those who had no idea what i was on about that was the mane x'DDD my apologies for last nights rage i was angry at myself nobody else i over react a lot
this can be locked now...seriously thank god for that hidden back up mane folder i had o_o

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 07:58:59 am »
Glad to see you've solved the problem.
Locking this.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡