Author Topic: How Come More People Use Canines?  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
How Come More People Use Canines?
« on: March 08, 2020, 11:50:36 pm »
Personally, I use both canines and felines. Heck, my mascot/first character IS a feline! But I've noticed canines being maybe used more than felines, even it being joked about in "The Truth About FeralHeart". So once again, why are they used more?

Art by QuietMacaroni

l3irdie

Re: How Come More People Use Canines?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 11:55:35 pm »
I think generally speaking canines are more popular than felines, why? It really just varies person to person. Especially since the big 2016 update, I've noticed that there isn't many felines around anymore. Which is ironic if you consider Feral Heart's origins, Impressive Title being a TLK inspired game.

Personally my two main characters use both models. Ones a fox and the other a lioness. And again, it goes down to what people prefer. Like me, I've always loved wolves since I was little and Feral Heart only fueled that love for my favorite animal.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 01:11:58 am »
Honestly I think that it also has to do with the huge availability of canine roleplays compared to feline roleplays. I hate to be that "BACK IN MY DAY" person, but before the update feline roleplays were quite more abundant than the wolf roleplays. But just as Birdie said, people do have a preference!

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 04:14:42 am »
It is kinda amazing that not more felines are used. The canine model is just a bit janky with the jawline and cheek slider lol. But besides that, I do think it is down to preference like the others have said. In the furry community wolves, dogs, and foxes are some of the most popular. Lions, tigers, and other big cats are a bit more harder to find. I used to love wolves a lot, now I love aquatic animals, my fursona is a lion...so I mean lol.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 04:55:53 am »
Personally hadn't thought about it until a few years after joining, just kind of picked the wolf model and stuck with that for a while before making my first feline character. Then I just made a ton of both. xD
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline cattails

• ✨ mom said it's my turn on the xbox ✨
  • Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • bee movie was okay
    • littlefelines.deviantART.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 01:48:02 pm »
Preference definitely does play a part! Lots of wolf roleplays are out right now.

Ironically, I actually haven't made a serious canine character in years. I stick to felines. :D