Author Topic: Missing meshes in my own maps.  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Hypothermia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • hypothermia#6987 on discord.
    • hypothermiia
    • hypothermiiia
    • harmonnyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Missing meshes in my own maps.
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:22:15 pm »
Hey there, I don't post much on the forums lmao but I need help with an issue that's just been constant for me.  So I make maps for my groups and/or for fun, however sometimes when I make my own meshes / combine meshes and/or use the default meshes that come with FeralHeart { mytrees, myrocks, etc } they show up for others but they don't show up for me. I've tried erasing exports and downloading what I send other people and yet it comes to no avail. If there's something I'm doing wrong or if you recommend redownload, lmk haha. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Most recently the issue has been that I combined some of the MyGrass patches together and added them into my map and everyone else / my tester can see it however when I go into the map I'm not able to see it.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

[ my deviantart. ] . [ my flight rising. ]
member since oct 2011.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Missing meshes in my own maps.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 05:08:30 pm »
Have you been saving the meshes that are disappearing into the Default folders (MyGrass, MyRocks, etc.) or have you been saving those meshes into a new, custom-folder? If you save into the Default folders, this will often cause problems for both you and/or the folks you're sharing the map with. If you have edited or added to any of the Default folders, I would suggest to remove them from there and save them under a custom/new folder. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 07:32:43 pm »
Sometimes I've found that map-making on a FH window that has many mods installed to it will cause mesh issues for some reason. Try installing another FH (but name this folder "FeralHeart1" as to not get rid of your current one) and work on your map from there
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Hypothermia

• Curious Wanderer
  • hypothermia#6987 on discord.
    • hypothermiia
    • hypothermiiia
    • harmonnyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:53:50 pm »
Have you been saving the meshes that are disappearing into the Default folders (MyGrass, MyRocks, etc.) or have you been saving those meshes into a new, custom-folder? If you save into the Default folders, this will often cause problems for both you and/or the folks you're sharing the map with. If you have edited or added to any of the Default folders, I would suggest to remove them from there and save them under a custom/new folder. c:

I have been savin' them into their own folder, which is why I resorted to asking for help here bc usually that fixes the issues. I appreciate the idea though, friend. :> Thank you!

Sometimes I've found that map-making on a FH window that has many mods installed to it will cause mesh issues for some reason. Try installing another FH (but name this folder "FeralHeart1" as to not get rid of your current one) and work on your map from there

Hmm, I'll give this a go and try to see if that works. I have a lot modded into my FH so it would probably be better if I made a second one for just map making. Thank you!

[ my deviantart. ] . [ my flight rising. ]
member since oct 2011.

Offline Osaka

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 06:41:40 am »
Hey there, I don't post much on the forums lmao but I need help with an issue that's just been constant for me.  So I make maps for my groups and/or for fun, however sometimes when I make my own meshes / combine meshes and/or use the default meshes that come with FeralHeart { mytrees, myrocks, etc } they show up for others but they don't show up for me. I've tried erasing exports and downloading what I send other people and yet it comes to no avail. If there's something I'm doing wrong or if you recommend redownload, lmk haha. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Most recently the issue has been that I combined some of the MyGrass patches together and added them into my map and everyone else / my tester can see it however when I go into the map I'm not able to see it.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

----------------------------------------------------------------

If I understood your problem correctly, I do believe you should be saving them/Exporting them in their own folder, if not try saving them in already created folder (though in most cases this is not reccomended). As Of right now I hope my little bit of experience can offer you some sort of light in the future. ~ Ofc, if you hadn't already thought about this. Best of luck to you dear!