Author Topic: Source Code?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Riih

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Source Code?
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:50:47 pm »
I don't have too much to say on this, yet, please inform me if im wrong.
The source code is with K.I.T.O, more so RedEye. If he truly has it, why is he hesitant of giving it to the community? I heard he was making a copy of FH, but it seems that is nowhere near happening. He also shared his discomfort with the shared code, as of his planned leave.
And as for the hackers, i don't 100% believe they did find the source code, but still, if they did, that means it should not be that hidden.
Even we find the code, won't it cause problems? Lag, crashes, ect. with new content? I honestly can see FH running on mods for a long time, as that opens opportunities for the community, though not fully, but enough to keep the game fresh.
So, what are your thoughts on this?

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Source Code?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:52:00 pm »
Don't think it's good to talk about this due to the rumors that it can possibly stir up, along with possible drama.
Could be wrong, but...

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:55:27 pm »
The source code is with FeralHeart's creator, KovuLKD, and it left with him. Nobody else has it. Unless something has changed since then. But as Hakumi stated, I'm pretty sure this has been touched upon multiple times and should not really be discussed.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:56:14 pm »
This very discussion was brought up a while back, and basically, to sum it up into one nice little bundle:
The source code is Kovu's property.

And that's it really. It's Kovu's and only he has right to it. He may have abandoned the game, but the source code belongs to him, so even if we were to get it, from the game or elsewhere, we should not use it. We have to respect that.

Offline Riih

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 10:56:45 pm »
Don't think it's good to talk about this due to the rumors that it can possibly stir up, along with possible drama.
Could be wrong, but...
Possibly, but i think we should discuss this either way..

Offline Riih

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 10:58:54 pm »
The source code is with FeralHeart's creator, KovuLKD, and it left with him. Nobody else has it. Unless something has changed since then. But as Hakumi stated, I'm pretty sure this has been touched upon multiple times and should not really be discussed.
This very discussion was brought up a while back, and basically, to sum it up into one nice little bundle:

And that's it really. It's Kovu's and only he has right to it. He may have abandoned the game, but the source code belongs to him, so even if we were to get it, from the game or elsewhere, we should not use it. We have to respect that.

Yeah, i have to agree then.

Offline FluffyPluff123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Top Howler of the North
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Bloods Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 12:15:00 am »

I agree. The source code belongs to Kovu, like RedEye, he doesn't exactly have the code. Belongs to Kovu and always. Theres no way to get the code in the first place, unless RedEye did hack. I'd best keep away. I tried one of his "source codes" and ended up my computer having viruses.

Offline Riih

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 01:05:16 pm »

I agree. The source code belongs to Kovu, like RedEye, he doesn't exactly have the code. Belongs to Kovu and always. Theres no way to get the code in the first place, unless RedEye did hack. I'd best keep away. I tried one of his "source codes" and ended up my computer having viruses.
RedEye was given the code. He did not hack, and if you did get one of his codes i believe you gotten viruses from unrelated things.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 01:28:29 pm »
I don't know how true it was that KovuLKD would give away the source code like that.

Perhaps RedEye does have it, maybe Kahara did as well.

But from what I know of how copyright works, unless KovuLKD says we can, even if we had the Source, we couldn't use it without his permission, really.
All hands, paws, claws, and whatnot are tied.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 02:57:50 pm »
redeye has the source code, he's shown it to multiple people in the IT community, including the coders of Azoptaos, who are basing their sliders off of FH code.

you can't hack and get a complete source code back, decompilers don't work that way and neither does any other method. either kovu gave him an early version of the source as he said, or he made a new version from scratch.