Author Topic: I'm needing help for making an IT server  (Read 2038 times)

Offline FluffyPluff123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Top Howler of the North
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Bloods Pack Website
I'm needing help for making an IT server
« on: June 17, 2016, 01:00:31 pm »
I think I've stumbled across the name for my new project. But there's a bigger picture, and one that's grabbing onto me. "How do I  make a IT server?" First of all, I need to start small. But how do I do that? Counting on you guys to help me on a way to help me create an IT server! c:

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: I'm needing help for making an IT server
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 01:10:16 pm »
Well, I've never run an IT server and have no idea how, but I do know you'll need a host that makes your server available for other people to play on. You'll also probably want custom maps, items, models, quests, etc. Something I know nothing about how to do haha Honestly, the best thing I've found regarding to your question is this:

http://www.kitopen.com/

They've got tons of tutorials, hosts offering their services, source codes, models, etc. I'd think there's tons on this site to help someone out in making their first IT server. Hopefully you can get something out of it, and good luck with your project ^-^

You are amazing <3

Offline FluffyPluff123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 01:15:25 pm »
Yes, they are pretty good for making IT servers. But one time I tried, it turned to be putting viruses on my computer.

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 04:26:20 pm »
you got a virus from something else. kito is fine.

Offline FluffyPluff123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 04:56:47 pm »
Ok. Thanks for the feedback. I think it was something else

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 04:38:17 pm »
Sorry, I'm gonna be the person to burst your bubble here.

First of all...

Making an Impressive Title server is hard work. It isn't something that you can put together in a day. You need to know how to do some game development, 3D modeling, animating, texture creating, CODING etc. if you want your game to stand out. You can't expect other people to do everything for you, or you won't get any good staff... unless you pay them in real money.

Second of all...

Do you have any experience being apart of the staff of an IT server? Do you know the difficulties of managing a whole bunch of people and making sure they follow the rules that you or others set in place? Do you know how to do coding? And I'm not talking about HTML coding, I'm talking about coding for Orge, which is way different. If so great! You need to know these things if you want to be the Owner of an Impressive Title server. If not...

My suggestion? Get some experience. Go find an IT server that's looking for staff, either one that's already up or better yet, one that's in creation.

Apply for staff. If you get the job? Great! If you don't get the job? Try another server. Work on your skills. And I don't mean just applying to be a moderator either. If you want to make your own game you need to know not only how to take care of the server (moderate and admin) but also how to create things for the game.

Good luck out there! If you need a list of servers that are currently hiring that you can take a gamble at applying for I can give you some.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!