Author Topic: Why is there almost always pop-ups when i click on something?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline poytatotayters

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
(My computer has no antivirus, so this may be troubling), But when I click to sign in, I often get a pop-up to gross websites, or websites that try to tell me my flash player is outdated. Is there any way to stop these? Thanks, and sorry for the lack of info.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Why is there almost always pop-ups when i click on something?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 03:54:54 pm »
These are pop-up ads, and it is advised that you do not follow any of the links they provide you wish or click on any of the content that can be seen. Sadly, the Staff have no control over what ads do come up occasionally. Therefore, just make sure you close the tab and continue browsing/signing in. c: You could also try using 'AdBlock' to stop seeing these malicious websites.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 07:34:28 pm »
That should only have one pop up off the home page once in 4 hours.  Not every time you click something.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Fantasia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 09:41:13 pm »
If you don't use any Anti-virus program, then yes there will easily come issues and pop-ups.
Get a Anti-virus program. From what I learned in IT class in my boarding school, I highly suggest you go and install the latest version of CCleaner. I know I sound like an annoying advertiser in this sentence but; Please trust me, I have been using CCleaner myself for years now, and it has never created any issues nor being useless. It destroys malware and blocks spyware and all that virus stuff. It will also block the 'gross sites' you're mentioning.
Go on google search and type in "CCleaner", then just click the first that leads to the CCleaner's homepage, you'll get to the correct download. I can assure you it's a free downloadable program, and I think it will take you no more than 5 minutes to get it.

I hope this works for you! If it removes the ads, you'll be able to sign into FH without interruption, and you can click as much as you wish<3
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:38:23 am by Fantasia »
Hello there, Obi Wan Kenobi.