Author Topic: How did you come up with your characters name?  (Read 9706 times)

Offline okuajub

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm dad
    • HoneyBeeDrone
    • @Wherewolfolf
    • @Wherewolfwolf
    • View Profile
Re: How did you come up with your characters name?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 08:31:31 pm »
For my characters I'll design them first and then give them a name on how they look, act, or where they came from.
E.G. my character Faxxer Mediatrix, they are a cybernetic fox, and I thought,"A Fax machine kinda sounds like fox, so why not?" and I got Mediatrix from a popular fax machine.
Nobody would get it unless I told them but I thought it was funny.
Otherwise I just think of a name I think fits.
|He/Him|Furry|Male|

"The single most important thing is to look yourself in the mirror, remind yourself of your infinite worth, and go out and make a fool of yourself." - Thomas Brush

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 09:36:58 pm »
  • tea - i drink a lot of it!
  • melee - her colours reminded me of one of the troll feral druid designs from world of wacraft, and feral druid is known as a melee specialization (i also main it)!

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Offline MaceWolfer

• Curious Wanderer
  • I'm always angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:57 pm »
If its my OC? well hes a wickerbeast with a bunch of bones..so I just dubbed him bones XD. If its my main in game char name, well Asim means protector and asim is a perty big, big cat with a cool back story so I just thought it would fit him more.

Offline Jamzilla12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • A dark troubled protector... That's what I am
    • DarkGuardian12
    • Darkguadianjira12
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 12:49:49 pm »
Let's see I have Xaan, Dakota, Bodulfr, Ayashi, Vrondi, Tanari, Julia, Bruton, Sarah, Leon, Dakota, Tazkar and Nilak.

I got the name Xaan from tan animation in Youtube called "Deliver Us from evil", and no my character has no connection from the characters there. Although xaan (youtube) pelt inspired me to create a character with a red pelt color.

Dakota got it from Balto source characters there, there are a lot of characters there named 'Dakota'.

Bodulfr - means 'War wolf' in german (I think) got this name from Serena Valentino's book: How to be a werewolf
Ayashi - Idk what language but the word means 'ice' if I'm not mistaken
Vrondi - 'lightning' forgot what language
Tanari - the name 'Tanari' was inspired from  the wolf in Prince of the Pack season 1, a youtube animation, he was killed by Andru. Tanari's markings and attitude in the series inspires me to create a wolf that somewhat has the same personality and markings as him.
Julia - this is actually my preferred nickname. My first name is 'Julianne Marie' but people call me 'Jam' (Julie, Ann, and  Marie = name of 3 saints). I don't like my nickname so Julia is my preferred nickname. Anyways this character is my fursona.
Bruton - This character is brutal (on the outside), he's somewhat of a brute because he doesn't want to show his sensitive side. So with that personality, I want to think of a name that will really make him sound like a brute. And I think this name is also name of an Iguanodon from Disney's "Dinosaurs"
Sarah - common? Yep but I want something that a little bit sound or has the little resemblance to the word Savannah, yes I know no such resemblance. (Can;t think of a name but Sarah sounds like a gentle kind and soft lioness.
Leon - Well since he's a lion...
Tazkar - He's brother's name is Azkar, I think there's a character in DOTA name 'Tuskarr' but nope Tazkar's not a warthog or an elephant, he's a lion.
Nilak - Sounds like Alaskan or like an Eskimo name... I think it's a common in those regions that I mentioned since this wolf was born in Alaskan wilderness.

There ya go, I got names mostly from their personality and Birthplace and the jumble of words and also from other media.
There I was standing, my body wrapped by dark embers
The heat signifies my dark and foul temper
But the brightness of my fire
Signifies my protective nature

Offline 1smart

• Forum Newcomer
  • *Insert Cat Face Here*
    • EmberFoxe (no content)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 08:42:01 am »
I go onto a website by snowwowl (-I think) with a HUGE list with native american names and meanings. I pick the most suitable one- here are examples of some of my characters. Aponi - Butterfly (or chasing butterflies) and I can remember Ahiga - Stanf for 'he fights'. Ther is also an option to choose female and male names to help refining the choice easier.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2017, 09:14:33 am »
My name was in the beginning tigerpython but many people shortened it to Tig. The name Tig was already taken so it then mergef to Tigg and i have it since then!

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2017, 04:07:53 am »
I did not really come up with my name on my own, the name Shadow was one of my childhood nicknames that my close friends would call me and I actually did not mind because I always liked the name Shadow, it just sounded cool to me so I did not mind people calling me it. After sometime of being online I started to just use it as my user name and thus my character name was born.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2017, 04:26:50 am »
Luesha- I thought it was a nice exotic name for a vernid.
Sylvia- This song
Demise- It's a dark sounding name and the character is literally all black. She's also a bringer of bad luck.
Rosemary Storm- I didn't do my research so I thought rosemary was a red plant related to a rose, so I named him after the "color" of his fur. I now know rosemary isn't anything like a rose but the name stuck. :p
I have a lot of characters with "storm" in their name, actually.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:51:50 am by WolfQueen »