Author Topic: Sunshine, spring, pasta and pizza!  (Read 8663 times)

Offline Monarth

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
Re: Sunshine, spring, pasta and pizza!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:55:24 pm »
Oh yea, about the aquarium... I got to touch a stingray ;D Felt like it was all slimy, but it wasn't. Really soft though, cool experience. Had some ice cream after that and the mix of chocolate and vanilla was sooo delicious! :p

Ask anything you want to know, btw. The landscape, the village, roads, whatever, I'd be happy to tell :)

I'll be back tomorrow, reporting the experiences of the day ;D

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 08:49:34 pm »
I've touched a Stingray, you get this adrenilen rush afterwards. x3
I'm glad you've enjoyed your time so much! I need to know a little more about villages and roads, that would be nice.

Sorry, your my minion for the day.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

IntendedSuicide

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »
O.o Italy jelouse have fun^^ :)

JazzForLife

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
Ah! Awesome, Italy! I hope you have loads of fun there : )

Offline Monarth

• "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 02:41:15 pm »
Zaroque: So villages and roads. First of all Milan here is one of europe's tightest areas. All the villages are very close together and you can't practically notice when you change a village. The placing of buildings is really confusing. Commonly there's main roads passing through villages, but sideroads can be really confusing, turning very randomly here and there. Practically the sideroads are made around buildings, not the other way around, and are really narrow. My recommendation is to not go anywhere without a guide here :P It'd be easy to get lost.

Around shores it's easier. The main road follows the shore and hotels and restaurants aren't far from it. Moving around isn't too difficult at shore. That was today's experience in Piemonte.

For a little warning, you can see here a perfect example of why there's made plenty of small cars in europe. The roads are really narrow, and people hardly follow the speed limits. Sideroads connect directly to the main roads and suddenly appearing cars out of nowhere is a common sight, in villages aswell in normal roads going on the hills. Sudden brakes tend to come too and being even a little slow tends to result in a honk from the driver behind you.

Also highways. They cost. You take a ticket, drive to extraction point, give the ticket to the machine and pay with a credit card. I guess the price is counted by time you use on the road. Highways are mostly property of different companies and the money is used to the upkeep. The speed limit is 130 kmph, but practically people drive 150, and barely give any warning when changing the lane. So overall good reflexes are demanded in Italian roads.

That's pretty much what I can tell.

-------

So my experience for today was a trip to Piemonte visiting the island of Isolande Bella, belonging to a fairly famous family. The whole island was practically a museum. It was pretty interesting to see the old art, structure and read the history. The place has had a lot of famous visitors in history, including Napoleon. Also, the garden. How awesome was that =3 There were white peacocks around the place. I even fed a piece of bread to one walking around a cafeteria.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 03:11:19 pm »
Thank you for the information Monarth. - Gives Karma -
I'll do some more research now, thanks again! =D
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

IntendedSuicide

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »
Wow sounds amazing there :D now I want to go to Italy :(
So jealous of you right now, well hope you enjoy the rest of toe trip*^

Offline Monarth

• "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 04:11:14 pm »
You welcome Zaroque ;D And I will be, Jolt :) Updating tomorrow again =)

Offline Monarth

• "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 04:08:21 pm »
Okay, today's experience was Rocca di Borromeo (Castle of Borromeo family) and an old church carved in rock. The Borromeo family was the one I mentioned on the previous page.

The Borromeo family seems quite interesting. Being still alive, they own various old structures around the place. The ones I visited were Rocca di Borromeo and the palace on Isola Bella (Island of Bella). I saw a picture of their family tree and the oldest birthdate I saw was 1427, but there was about 5 generations before that, but without information for the years. At best I can guess the oldest of the tree lived in the 13th century. The family is quite remarkable as their history holds military captains, rulers and even an archbishop and a pope! (Pope Pius something)

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 04:46:49 pm »
Wow, what an interesting history. ^^
Thanks for that info Monarth. :3 Seems like a really interesting place!
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE