Author Topic: Map items disappearing!?  (Read 909 times)

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Ebonystar calls forth SinClan!
    • View Profile
Map items disappearing!?
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:16:21 am »
  I made a map for two warrior cats Clans called Fire and Ice. Terrain and Height maps are working fine and yadayada and it looks PERFECT when I test it in map-maker. But I go to check it out in-game and POOF! Everything is messed up! The portal is not to be found although I still appear at the correct spot, not higher, not lower than the ground.
The waterfalls I used are WAY oversized even though they were perfect in map-maker.
       I used meshes like Courtney's awesome moss nests and Hamiltons EPICAL dens, and they were in the map-maker but AGAIN.. in game they weren't. like Hammy's fallen log, den with two columns and three boulders to climb, a GIANT sandy den with a small cave embedded in the middle. Anyway, the only downloaded thing that worked correctly was the less-lag waterfall! Can anyone help? I also have screenshots:

Oversized waterfall, no log that it's supposed to go through and soak into the ground.. No den that the log leans on.

There was a crystal tree floating on an island like in Sky's Rim in the middle of this lake. Crystals hung to it and they're still here but the tree is gone. I used the Acaia tree standable mesh and I changed the bark to be the CrystalMat. And there was a green fallen tree (Same mesh but grass bush mat) to the right.

Den's gone, this was the nursery until the moss nests and the den disappeared.. And to the right the den's disappeared as well.

Above view of FireClan's camp. There was a red rock arch made out of rock ledges to replace a "Highrock" but they disappeared along with all the dens, the tree that was the Elder's den, and the nests as-well..

The one den in FireClan camp that stayed, but AGAIN.. the nests are gone.

Can anyone help me please?
                              Thank you,
                                          Ducky.

Wonderful advice: BUT U R A GREAT PERSON. Not lazy, not selfish, not a jerk. Ignore them, is my advice. Thanks Twizzler!

CloudFish

Re: Map items disappearing!?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 03:29:55 pm »
Simply what's happening here is you've created custom meshes and saved them into default object groups. You'll probably have to replace the objects.

Create the meshes and save them to something like DuckysObjects. Then when you place them in map maker, they should show up.

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:28:43 am »

But I haven't created them, I just retextured them and used other peoples meshes. It told me to put them in MyObjects, so I did. So what's wrong with it? Your statement confuzed meh..
Wonderful advice: BUT U R A GREAT PERSON. Not lazy, not selfish, not a jerk. Ignore them, is my advice. Thanks Twizzler!

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:37:24 am »
Did you have to import these meshes into Object Maker to get them into Map Maker?

When you retexture anything, you still should create a different object group.

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:43:10 am »
  If this is what you mean by Import into Object Maker..: I take a mesh, I put a new material on it and I save it to the Default group and then I export it.
Then yes I imported it.
So I should make a group called Ducky and stick all those things in there instead?

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 12:47:15 am »
Yes, sticking anything into the groups; Default, Miscellaneous, MyPlants, MyTrees, MyRocks, etc. Will result in the disappearance of these objects in-game. Any files tampered with from these groups should also be re-saved into your object group.

Offline Ducky

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:57:59 am »
  I didn't tamper with them, I changed the mat and then renamed it and put it in a whole new folder. I'm steadily rebuilding my map with the new items in my folder: Ducky.

I think it'll work this time thanks to you. I'll post here again with the results. :3

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:51 am »
Changing the material on default items, technically is tampering. I'm not saying this in a negative manner, I'm just referring to them being changed.

Hopefully this should work for you.