Author Topic: HELP - SEEDING  (Read 856 times)

Offline BlazeFireWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • https://www.deviantart.com/techn
    • View Profile
    • path of the heart
HELP - SEEDING
« on: June 10, 2016, 08:33:45 pm »
So, the box has been seeding for a long time. It looks like it just reached the bottom of the page, but nothing has popped up or told me it's finished. Do I close it? I got on during the seeding because I hadn't been told I couldn't, and no one could see my chats, but could see my character. Is that going to happen again? Should I wait for something to pop up or is the seeding box going to go away? Please help! Thanks!
"every scar on me is a star in it's own; when they first opened up, i realized"
"do not go gentle into that goodnight. rage, rage, against the dying of the light"
"we all make mistakes. some have echoes that last forever"

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: HELP - SEEDING
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:36:03 pm »
Usually what happened to me...was when the game finished installing, I thought something else was supposed to pop up but as I waited, I went on ahead and closed it after a good while.
Jumped on the login tab, logged in and then jumped on the game and everything worked for me c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 08:36:51 pm »
Seeding is not the actual download. Now, I really 'ave no experience with this sort of tech, but I know it does speed up the download process. Ye can leave it going f'er however long ye like- even when the actual game download finishes! It does no harm to y'er computer, but if ye want, ye may close it whenever the game finishes installing.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 08:50:50 pm »
Hey dude,

When you use a torrent you are downloading the file which in this case is the FH Installer. After you are done downloading the Installer the program (UTorrent, BitTorrent, whichever you are using) will Seed the file. What this is doing is letting other people use your copy of the Installer to download it with their torrent program.

You can shut this off if you want, your installer is downloaded and there is no need to keep doing that :]

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.