Author Topic: Accidentally opened all Material files to another program (Need help)  (Read 881 times)

Offline WarriorStuckGirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "You are who you are.. dont put ya self down"
    • ISpy-TheRogue-Leo
    • VenezuelanChic96
    • Venezuelanchic
    • VenezuelanChic96
    • View Profile
While trying to change the preset names that someone had created for me, i struggle to change the name of the folder and files so that i may move them to the My_Preset file. Unfortunately, i clicked something and changed the format of the Material folders on all downloads files that has it to Internet explorer. I tried reinistalling feralheart, but it wouldnt change what was done. Its affect the presets a bit aswell as the game itself. http://imgur.com/a/esNRa
:3 Hiya, Names Michelle K.M.M and i am from Maracaibo, Venezuela.

Ironically i am also a catholic and a pansexual... Funny how things work out hmm xD

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Accidentally opened all Material files to another program (Need help)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:47:27 pm »
Right click the file and hit the "Open with..." button and find Notepad, that oughta fix it~

You are amazing <3

Offline WarriorStuckGirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "You are who you are.. dont put ya self down"
    • ISpy-TheRogue-Leo
    • VenezuelanChic96
    • Venezuelanchic
    • VenezuelanChic96
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 10:52:13 pm »
Ya sure? let me try and aswel as put all my downloads in their places
:3 Hiya, Names Michelle K.M.M and i am from Maracaibo, Venezuela.

Ironically i am also a catholic and a pansexual... Funny how things work out hmm xD

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 11:45:38 pm »
Are you saying that ever since you changed the file type association to Internet Explorer the files no longer work? From what I know, that shouldn't be the case. The file type extension should still be the same regardless. But if you are having problems, there is a way to get it back to normal through Windows registry.
In order to truly fix this and have there be no file type association, you will have to edit the registry which I urge you to be careful in doing. As long as you back up your registry, you should be fine.

Here is a tutorial to walk you through it: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/quickly-fix-windows-file-type-associations/ It should explain how to backup the .reg file so just in case something messes up, you will be able to reset it. I would spend more time on walking you through this but I need to head out in a little bit. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can if you have questions.

In summary, it shows you how to delete file type associations, or the programs that automatically open the program. In this case, yours would be Internet Explorer.

I went to my Registry, in the directory explained in the tutorial, and this is what it looks like:

That there is the list of programs that opens my .mp3 files. I have VLC Media Player to open them, Windows Media Player and Audacity. In order for those to no longer be associated with mp3 files, you will have to right click and delete those. In your case, once you navigate to the files that you changed to open with Internet Explorer, there should be an Internet Explorer registry entry that you can delete.

Hope this makes sense. Like I said, I'll try to get back to you later but I have some things to do. Best of luck and I hope this helps you ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.