Author Topic: Mwanaume Zaidi (Feline-Canine Hybrid, I guess XD)  (Read 3063 times)

Offline RockerGirl123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Mwanaume Zaidi (Feline-Canine Hybrid, I guess XD)
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:39:15 am »
Read It All, Please!!

This is a to-be rp and contains mating and other mature content. Players have been warned.

Mwanaume Zaidi means "male more likely" in Swahili (translated from English). There is a reason for this name, but you have to read on to find out. (I will shorten it by saying MZ)

Origin:
The first MZ appeared in 1624, that being the first year they were recorded in human history. It was said that a tiger and a wolf came together and created the species, but the MZ is a different creature. Its past never mingled with humans, however, so they are untamed and wild as ever.
This animal gets its name from the percentage of males and females of the breed. Roughly 20% of all MZs are female, and that leaves the majority to be males. Nobody knows why, exactly, but males are just more common.

Build/Body:
MZs sound exactly like wolves, but there is a certain growl to any sound they utter (except in mating time) that makes it ten times more menacing. Like their supposed feline ancestry, a long, whip-like tail helps balance the MZ as it runs at speeds of over 40 mph, up to 60 when they push themselves. The slim canine body is more designed for speed than the tiger's bulkier one. Their energy is almost endless, and they are often restless when they're not moving around.
 Fangs longer than a tiger's show from beneath the lips, always pure white and needle-sharp. A tooth always keeps growing, so MZs usually find something the gnaw on including bones, sticks, or even rocks.
With hearing that can pick out a whisper from an area full of almost overwhelming noise, the MZ is impossible to sneak up on. Reflexes like lightning accompany this amazing sense.
The only drawback of their wonderful features is their lack of smell. Their scent glands are like a human's, and they never use their noses to track or find their way around the dark. This draws us to the eyes. Large orbs with slits dominate the dark colored face, evolved so perfectly that they can see in very close to pitch black.

Markings/Colors:
Every MZ has a pelt of the purest black. Their markings are the only things that stand out, being any color known to the earth; from dark purple to neon pink, sky blue to fiery orange, or yellow down to faded gray. The eyes match the color of their markings, but usually a little lighter (darker if they have a color that can't go brighter, like white).
Use either tiger marking on the body parts, no other markings are allowed. You must ALWAYS have tiger stripes on the body, though, but they aren't needed on the head or tail.

Males:
Male MZs are slightly larger than the females. They are heavier and more muscular. Their natural aggression towards other males of their kinds separates them, so there are NEVER two males together. But they are friendly towards females, and will often play-fight like pups with them. The best way to tell a male from the other gender is by the color of its nose. Males have white noses, no matter what color their markings are. Males live in one place their whole lives unless forced out by another male. They will give shelter to females who happen to find their way to their territory, usually hoping that one will be in heat so he may pass his genes down to the next generation.

Females:
Females are a little smaller than their male counterpart. They have more acute hearing than males, though, and this helps them protect their offspring from intruders. Their noses are black, just like their bodies, but they'll turn light pink when they are in heat. But the female is a wanderer, and she never lives anywhere permanently.

Pups:
MZ pups are born blind and deaf in litters of around 3-5. They are pure black (if they are male they have a white nose) and helpless. Females raise their pups without the help of males. She will nurse them until they are about a month old. By that time, they'll gain their teeth, eyesight and hearing, along with a need for playing. This stage of their life will determine how they will act when they're an adult. Pups will assert their dominance over their siblings by play fighting and stealing food. When they are 6 months old, they'll learn to hunt and fight more like a full grown MZ. At the age of 1, colors begin to show on their coats and they leave their mother to continue the cycle.

Life:
Females live longer than males if they don't die from disease or wounds. They live up to 80 years, while the males live to 75. An MZ can mate/have pups its entire life. It reaches maturity when it is 4 years old, so it has 3 years to get used to its surroundings from the time it leaves its mother.

Reproduction:
The female's nose turns light pink and she gets stressed and even more restless than usual. She wanders the land, trying to find a male, and emits a series of high pitched squeaks when she finds the territory of a potential mate. Females come into heat every three months, but they can mate for pleasure if they chose to do so... Males can mate at any time of the year and as many times as there are females who come to him. He usually always accepts the female. If they "agree" to mate, the male will lead the female to his chosen spot (somewhere quiet and attractive) and circle her. During this time, he'll be making low purring sounds to calm her, and she replies with quiet whimpers. After a while, the female crouches down and moves her tail aside. The male will mount her and breed her for a while. The female will then bark, giving the male her signal. He will roll her onto her back, lick her face and neck continuously, and mate with her like this, crouching over her. They will stay like this in a dog-knot until the mating is over. The female will then suddenly pull away and run off, leaving the male alone. Gestation lasts for two months.

RP:
I'm not very good at making maps, but when there are 6 characters in all, I will request one for us to rp in. This is an in-depth rp, so you need to be pretty good at rping and speak fluent English. If you are accepted, I will put your character up here. You need to include a link with your picture so I can just put it next to your character's accepted form without using extra time to save it, upload it again, blah blah blah. XD

~~~~~~~~~~

Format:
Name:
Personality:
Mate:
Family:
History:
Other:
Picture: (required, unless you have a good excuse like being on a trip or your computer's down)

If you don't know how to take a picture of the character, ask and I'm sure either myself of other players will help you.

Characters:
Males-
None, Apply

Females-
None, Apply

I hope I didn't leave anything out... -.-
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:51:07 pm by =Secrets= »

Offline RockerGirl123

• View Profile
Re: Mwanaume Zaidi (Feline-Canine Hybrid, I guess XD)(Map WIP)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:43:45 am »
Examples:

Offline DeathHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Mwanaume Zaidi (Feline-Canine Hybrid, I guess XD)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:17:47 pm »
this is almost exactly like my species the Caline.Its practically identical, but with different colors and sizes :/

*Wildfire*

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:13 am »
Umm... yeah like whats said above ^^ are the species' going to meet up or is there a plot point to this?

Offline RockerGirl123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 02:02:14 am »
Oh sorry. I had some really old screenshots and I was deleting them, and while going through to see the ones I wanted to keep, I found those two pictures, which made me remember my idea about the species. I honestly didn't try to copy anyone's ideas. Sometimes things kinda mingle in my mind and they might've been from things I've read somehwere or just made up. But no, this is a seperate species...

EDIT: I only just went to read about your species and I do find many differences. But that's only the first time I've read it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:47:39 am by =Secrets= »