Author Topic: Adding Sound to Objects Tutorial 2 Ways *UPDATE*  (Read 15245 times)

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Sound to Objects Tutorial 2 Ways *UPDATE*
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 06:58:04 am »
ok i've been testing around and XD finally figured out how to get your own music into FH. But the only problem is that i havent figured out how to get it to play custom music for 1 map. However i have managed to get FH to play my own music when roaming around bonfire island and the other maps. lol to my surprise it was pretty simple. Im getting much better at figuring out things to do with games. Once i figure out how to get it working for 1 map i'll post. I have my sis to give me a hand as 2 brains are better then 1. Well wish me luck at finding it out.

Offline ginbearhound

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 05:47:01 am »
Not to be off topic but I need help. I don't know where to make a post or download patches. I'm extremely absolutely sorry D":

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 12:47:19 am »
ER, what do i do if my music file turned into a rar when i put it in o3o

For example, im trying to add file- 01 The Time (Dirty Bit).rar onto my stereo mesh. It doesnt exactly work when i put it in. You know if i should maybe use winrar or something? o3o

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 10:12:13 pm »
.rar isnt a music file so most likely FH will fail to read it. It must be a sound file. So if the sound file is inside the rar you will have to take it out and place the music file in sounds. Then when you type the name of the sound file exactly how it is named Every spelling must be correct. Then after the name put the sound file type after it. like example .mp3 or .wav

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 01:59:37 pm »
.rar isnt a music file so most likely FH will fail to read it. It must be a sound file. So if the sound file is inside the rar you will have to take it out and place the music file in sounds. Then when you type the name of the sound file exactly how it is named Every spelling must be correct. Then after the name put the sound file type after it. like example .mp3 or .wav

Kk, i shall try this o3o

Thanks! ^v^

Offline dragonlovertori

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I am a shadow. Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • All My Art (I suggest you look)
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 02:51:41 pm »
*hugs* thank you

246bramble

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 07:36:53 pm »
ok not trying to get "off-topic" but i have been trying to get weather from impressive title to my map, how do u do this? i looked on my weather thing in FH and i pressed some of the things i copyed but nothing happens can anyone help me with this problem?!? :-[

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 01:19:52 pm »
Hi, I've added music to objects before, but with the new game version they won't work. Everything works in Map Maker, but when I try to download the exported files on another computer, the objects show up but not the music. What am I doing wrong?

Offline Bloodclaw10

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Learn from yesterday,grow on tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 12:59:45 pm »
Hey nice!You..also know how to add music or sound in a map?I have no idea how i should do that..

-..-The sound of the wind in the woods..-..-

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 10:44:55 pm »
Sorry for the late reply. I thought they took down this thread when everything was changed.

@Brambleheart: the weather files are particles not objects. You will have to go into Sky maker to make particles show up. However im not that good with getting particles to work just yet. Still testing them out myself.

@Lawcere: When the files are exported they still need the sound file. Because you arent adding the sound file onto the other pc the object doesnt have anything to read even though its coded too. So to get the sound to work on your other pc including others is to send the exported file with the sound you used in the object maker. People will need to place the sound file in C:\FeralHeart\media\sounds.

@Schascha: to add music into the map you'll have to do it alittle different then adding to objects.

Follow these instructions carefully.

Go to C:\FeralHeart
you will see the feralheart game icon. Dont click it though. Look for music.cfg and open it with any wordpad program. i use notepad that comes with windows xp.

Now once its open you should see something like:

[Title]
media/music/title.mp3
[Plains]
media/music/plains1.mp3
media/music/plains2.mp3
media/music/plains3.mp3
[Caves]
media/music/caves1.mp3
media/music/caves2.mp3

at the bottom under you will need to write in your map name so it should look like this now.make sure you add the [] in around the map name:

[Title]
media/music/title.mp3
[Plains]
media/music/plains1.mp3
media/music/plains2.mp3
media/music/plains3.mp3
[Caves]
media/music/caves1.mp3
media/music/caves2.mp3
[MAPNAME]

you will now need to write in the name and location and name of the music you want to play in your map.

[Title]
media/music/title.mp3
[Plains]
media/music/plains1.mp3
media/music/plains2.mp3
media/music/plains3.mp3
[Caves]
media/music/caves1.mp3
media/music/caves2.mp3
[MAPNAME]
media/music/SONGNAME.mp3

you can add as many songs as you want to the map. However when you export the map you must give people the music files including the coding of the songs that you have coded in the music.cfg. However we arent finished. After you have coded in the music in the music.cfg you will need to load up the game.

You see where i circled in red the Music (Group or Filename)

you need to write in the name of the MapName you used for the coding inside the music.cfg
however leave out the []
They arent needed only the MapName. Save and then your done. whenever you test the map you should hear your music play. Dont forget to turn on your music in the options menu otherwise you wont hear it.