Author Topic: should somebody be reported for refusing to change an offneding name?  (Read 1718 times)

-Angel-

OH EM EFF GEE so im in acsention island, and theres this char named Satan. Somebody kindly says "[username here], please change your name. It offends my religion." then a riot is started by this simple question being asked. Im on the offended person's side. They should change the name if it offends somebody, no? SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME SO I CAN TELL THEM TO STOP AND JUST HAVE A GOOD EFFIN TIME.

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
Re: should somebody be reported for refusing to change an offneding name?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 06:10:49 am »
OH EM EFF GEE so im in acsention island, and theres this char named Satan. Somebody kindly says "[username here], please change your name. It offends my religion." then a riot is started by this simple question being asked. Im on the offended person's side. They should change the name if it offends somebody, no? SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME SO I CAN TELL THEM TO STOP AND JUST HAVE A GOOD EFFIN TIME.
Good question...honestly, it depends on the level of the name's being inappropriate. That name is offensive to people's religions, and may be in bad taste, but isn't a vulgar word or cuss word. I suggest asking a moderator if it still counts as bad username and have a screenshot. In this case though I don't think there's anything that can be done. The best solution would be the the offended person blocking the other user, so they don't have to see that name, and unblock later after the person is gone.

CrimCanis

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 06:23:37 am »
If people were forced to do things just because it offended someone and/or their religion then a lot of forcing would have to be done. It's a very unjust and biased system. What if he's a Satanist and (I'm sure he's not, he's probably just RPing but what if) he finds your trying to force him to change his name offensive because it's his religion? An example.

I recommend either sucking it up or blocking him if it offends you that much.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:40:12 am »
  Nothing can be done about that. It is not an offensive name, and I in fact see you asking them to change their name as overreacting <-- Personal opinion.
  So what if they named their character Satan, at least they are not out right insulting Christianity, they are not doing anything offensive. Until they start that up, then leave them alone and ignore them.
  I mean, I could kindly ask someone to change their characters name from Nathan because it upsets and offends me because my Ex was a nathan and he was a cheating lying loser, but that would be over reacting and wrong, and in my opinion, it is teh same here, just like it would be offensive to ask someone to change their name from some afghanistan name because it offends you as an american, it is WRONG.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:42:23 am by Kyugima. »

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline galania

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:33:45 pm »
if the names lewd then thats only time youc an report sorry but you jneed to learn to deal with it and keep your religion out of the game it is just a game let it go and don;t think of it as real life it's just a game.

weather or not soemtihng offends youis your opinion there is no point in reporting soemthign that isn't illegal  there is also no point in whinign about it either and i see people with threads liek this all the time. you need to suck it up and i am not kidding be mature and leave it alone and you should not force peopel to change there character names the itnernet has more freedom thne you think and you can't force anyone or anythign to change if your not them so mind your own business and get over it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:35:36 pm by skyblade »