Author Topic: The Uprising of Hollow: prologue  (Read 1306 times)

bananafrappe

The Uprising of Hollow: prologue
« on: May 21, 2012, 05:07:34 am »
This is a prologue of my Warrior cat fan character, Hollowfrost.  Hollowfrost is a white tabby tom with darker stripes, with an unusual blue nose.

This is just a prologue.
Enjoy! ^w^
(Story told in third-person; focused on his mother, Icefeather.)

_

A harsh, nose-stinging leaf-bare took place.  Four cats in a clearing, gaurded by thorn
bushes, seem to be compromising on when to settle a hunting patrol.  A dark-brown tom with lime
eyes sat down as he looked narrowly at another cat, a mouse-tail smaller than him.  The dark-brown
tom meowed, sounding upset yet peaceful," The hunting patrol has been postponed for today,
Iecfeather."  Icefeather, the smaller cat with a white-pelt and black stripes, nodded in understand. 

She stood up as she gestured her tail toward the nursery for her two kits to enter.  One kit was
black with blue eyes, and the other was white with darker stripes and icy blue eyes.  The two kits
stumbled on eachother as they mewed, tussling on who goes in the nursery first. 

Icefeather seperated the two tussling kits with her front paw as she hissed in their ears,"
Quit fighting you mouse-brain furballs!"  She knew what they were trying to do, so she motioned
that SHE was going to go in first.  The two kits looked at eachother as they trotted in the nursery
with proper manner.

The nursery was in a small cave, gaurded with flowers- flowers that were slowly dying
due to the icey chill of leaf-bare.  A black she-cat with yellow eyes mewed as she seen Icefeather
enter in the nursery den,"Greetings, Icefeather.  How's your kits?"  Icefeather mewed in greeting
and glanced at her kits, just in time to see them batting at eachother again, claws sheathed.  She
hissed as she grabbed the white kit by the scuff and sat the kit down by her paws.  Icefeather shook
her head as she sighed," These kits will never learn when to stop bickering."  She bent down and
licked the white kit by her, eyes closed.  There was silence that engulfed the nursery and outside in
the camp.  Icefeather stopped licking and felt unease about the chill that stung her nose as she
shivered," Barkpelt says the hunting patrol's postponed for today,"  She mewed of disbelief," these
kits are old enough to eat prey, and I'm worried about the scarcity of the prey, Shadeleaf."  The black
she-cat, Shadeleaf, tapped her tail in pity," Yes.  This leaf-bare's been something out of the other
leaf-bares.  And I'm worried sick for these young ones."

Icefeather nodded slowly, full of sorrow for her kits and the fact that they're running
out of prey.  She suddenly bristled at the thought of remembering something.  Has something gone
wrong?  "Shouldn't Barkpelt see if whether the leader decides if the hunting patrol's been postponed?
Cause I mean, really..." She trailed off as she thought about it for a moment.  Barkpelt's seeming to
be a little too in charge,
Icefeather thought, in fact he isn't even a deputy... neither a leader.
Shadeleaf sighed of disappointment,"I believe so.  Here.  I'll take care of Hollowkit and Loomkit.  If
you want to ask the leader, that is."  She waited patiently as Icefeather stared at her kits.  She had
no choice but to ask the leader," Okay.  Thanks."  She mewed as she touched noses with Shadeleaf. 
Before turning around, exitting the nursery, she meowed,"I'll be back, Hollowkit and Loomkit. 
Momma's going to change some cat tongues around here."  Shadeleaf let out a murr of laughter
silently as she beckoned Icefeather's kits to stay warm by her.

Approaching the leader's den, wihch was a cave-like den, she slowly padded in.  Icefeather
peeked in the darkness, searching for her leader's jet-black pelt- which was hard to see.  "Greetings,
Icefeather, what brings you here?"  His low, based voice sounded as Icefeather realized he was a
couple of mouse-tails in front of her.  She stammered in surprise as she mewed," O-oh.  Hi Jetstar." 
The black tom tapped his tail on either side of him," Please.  Come sit."  Icefeather padded by his side
and lay down by his side.  "Tell me, Icefeather, what brings you here?"  He repeated with a  calm,
curious mew.  Icefeather explained to Jetstar of what Barkpelt said about the hunting patrol being
held back for today. 

Afterwards, Jetstar stared off at nothingness.  Thinking.  He then opened his mouth to
speak, until a shriek sounded from the clearing.  Jetstar shot straight up, keeping his fur flat and
calm.  Icefeather did the same thing, but slower," What happened?"  The jet-black leader spoke in a
low tone," Let's go."  He ran out the den, followed by the white she-cat. 

Jetstar and Icefeather froze as they stopped dead into the clearing.  All was quiet. 
Hence that the clearing was... well clear.  Icefeather bristled in shock and fear as she spotted a cat
layed out with their legs sprawled out, flank covered with crimson blood.  The cat breathed heavily,
gasping for their last air in the real world, knowing they were on their way to StarClan,"  It came by
surprise.  We all didn't expect it. We didn't I tell you!  I-It was too fast for even my eyes to catch! 
Everyone left me here, as I was yowling for help... in pain...  I guess they were too busy worrying
about themselves. Heheh..."  The cat's breathing slowed as he coughed up blood and spit, gargling his
throat.  Icefeather winced at the scene, he voice shaking as she asked," Where are my kits,
Olivesong?  Have you seen them escape with the others?"  She was lost and couldn't even think
orderly at the moment.  Olivesong, the dying she-cat, rasped," Oh, they're gone with the rest... but
one of them...."  Olivesong trailed off as she wheezed for StarClan's breezy air.  Icefeather snapped
as her voice grew terrofied," One of them what!?"  Jetstar lifted a paw to hold the bristling
Icefeather back," She's spoken enough.  Let her die and rot to join the ranks of StarClan.  She was a
caring, headstrong warrior.  We thank her for that."  Icefeather jolted in horrow of losing a
clanmate, and of not knowing what had just happened to the camp and the rest of her clanmates. 
Maybe a silent twoleg monster came by, she thought.  But it didn't look like that.  It looekd as if a
stalking wolf had driven them out, then handled Olivesong.

Olivesong's rasping grew quieter and fainter.  Before she could share the new world in
StarClan, she whispered in an unusual, hiss-like voice," ....The addict of bloodlust.  A hollow soul
with the icey heart, icier than tiger and hawk."  Before Icefeather and Jetstar could say anything,
Olivesong's flank fell motionless, as the two isolated cats stood their in silence, grief, and full of
questions. 

to be continued...

If I continued on with this story, the next chapter would start off focusing more on Hollowkit, but the chapter'll begin with Hollowkit's apprenticeship ceremony.  Plus, the story'll either be on DeviantArt or FanFiction.net. XD

Offline rexline

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Uprising of Hollow: prologue
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 09:51:44 am »
I luv it