Poll

Should we get rid of the karma option?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Karma  (Read 45893 times)

IntendedSuicide

Re: Karma
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2011, 02:15:44 am »
I don't think it should be taken away completely but I think it should be able to be hiden or shown, I know I have friends who are proud of there karma and some who are embarised and feel like people judge them on it.

Also as for showing who bit or nuzzleled you maybe not such a good idea that will cause retaliation/cause drama between members keeping it anonymous will keep the peace.

Maybe when it comes to biting an anonymous message will be sent to the reciever from the giver explaining why they were bitten wether it be rude posts etc. And if you really want it to be known then you can show your name.

Or mabye an anonymous button for all posts, pms every thing. Although there is second judgments on that as well....... I just don't know :S

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2011, 02:27:38 pm »
Hidden or shown = Opt in or Opt Out.

That option would solve a lot and make everyone happy, dunno' why the forum still doesn't have that kind of thing. Seeing as all of the coding they've done, adding another code couldn't hurt it too much. xD
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline EvilSock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2011, 02:43:34 pm »
It'd make everyone on the forums a lot more equal in my opinion.. I also know that on most forums and boards the karma option can be abused in various ways.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2011, 06:05:06 pm »
I think its a little to early to deside, since I've been patroling the member search, and I haven't seen much 'abusing' in a way. Perhaps time will tell if the polls are right, but I personaly do not want them taken off, its not just because I'm enjoying having some karma, I enjoy seeing the karma option.
I know others will differ my opionon... x3
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Bandit Kovu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Live untill you die. Auuuuu!!" -Me :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2011, 06:57:32 am »
Yes the karma really seems pointless..... I never seen a forum with karma before o.O

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2011, 08:54:42 am »
Hidden or shown = Opt in or Opt Out.

That option would solve a lot and make everyone happy, dunno' why the forum still doesn't have that kind of thing. Seeing as all of the coding they've done, adding another code couldn't hurt it too much. xD

Like I said before I didn't want the karma option taken out, so yes I agree with this, (again x3)
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Vulpes

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Groovy!
    • epidome
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • View Profile
    • Web Page
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2011, 05:49:38 am »
 I believe we should get rid of the "Bite" option or just get rid of the "Karma" feature for good, because there are some younger kids on here, and I don't know about you guys, but when I was in middle school, I was so self-conscious of what people thought about me. I'm going out on a limb and say that I don't think any of us want anyone coming away from the site with negative feelings either towards themselves or others.

That's just my bit. And I voted "yes", but my first choice would be to jut get rid of the "bite" option and keep the rest. There are a few sites that I'm a member of that have a similar system and it seems to work great.

Ok I'm done now!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:51:17 am by Vulpes »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2011, 06:01:39 am »
I think it should stay, as people who care about their Karma will be good. I like it as a way to "thumbs up, thumbs down" posts. I nuzzle people who give questions with an informative answer, create art, or contribute to conversation. I bite people who say something offensive, spam, troll or are all around unpleasant people to have on the forum. I find it prevents me from commenting, which will just get me bitten for feeding the troll. It's also stopped me from messaging an offender after their thread has been locked.

Also, by removing the feature, it'll be like telling every single forum user that thye cannot be trusted with a fun feature. I'd be more offended by that then any "bite"

Offline Vulpes

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Groovy!
    • epidome
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • View Profile
    • Web Page
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2011, 06:04:38 am »
But if someone disagrees with you would you bite them? I mean i totally disagree with you here and am sorely tempted to press the "bite" icon, but that would be uncouth. Yet, the temptation is still there.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2011, 02:56:42 pm »
Just because you disagree with ppl.. doesnt mean you have to bite them.
as far as i know Sameth stated their own opinion. pls respect it.
right now youre just doing opposite of what you belive and wrote.

I dont care if my karma goes down, though its a nice thing to have it positive, thats when i actually look at it. If it wouldnt be (and it wasnt always) i just ignore it altogether, as i know best who i am, and im not a bad person.