Author Topic: Karma  (Read 46677 times)

UncleSmithers

Re: Karma
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2011, 03:00:44 am »
I don't mind karma, I actually like giving it out to people :U

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 06:37:35 pm »
Karma is now just starting to irk me. For real.

Wudiin

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 06:58:48 pm »
I don't really mind it XD. When I look at it I'm always like O: I HAS POSITIVE KARMA?! and get all excited like it's a holiday or something.

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 08:32:31 pm »
I like to get karma and i like to give karma ^.^

Maslien3

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 05:18:52 am »
Honestly.. I'm a bit torn about this.

I like the Karma option, because not only does it have the ability to boost someone's ego, after they've done something good. It /can/ give you an idea of who's helpful. People with like, 80 Karma have obviously done something right to get to that point. Plus, I feel good after I've clicked someone's nuzzle button. I feel like I've done something nice xD

But I don't think there should be a bite button.. It will lead to people getting bullied because of their negative Karma number and such. Whether they did something to deserve it, or not... I think you should only be able to give Karma, not take it away.

I also like the idea of being able to turn it off and on. This way, if someone just doesn't want anything to do with the Karma drama, they can just shut if off. Then they won't have to worry about whether their Karma has gone up or down today, and they won't have to feel bad about themselves if someone bites them lol

Karma can be good and bad.. in the end, I voted no. I like to give out Karma. I think it's a nice gesture to nuzzle someone :3

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2011, 06:44:47 pm »
The Karma can be obused, if it's going to stay, you can at least know who had sent you your good or bad Karma to see who is obusoing the function.

I also must stake it is some compeititon for people too, I've seen a lot of people on the forums aurging about Karma in game. So I personality think it isn't a very Karmary or positive action.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:01 pm »
I'd much rather just take out the negative numbers in karma rather than get rid of it.

People with negative karma are the one's most likely to get looked upon as a person who's done something wrong. If the minimum number was 0, then you wouldn't be able to tell if that person was bitten until their karma was gone or if they just haven't been given positive karma yet. :U

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:08 pm »
Honestly.. I'm a bit torn about this.

I like the Karma option, because not only does it have the ability to boost someone's ego, after they've done something good. It /can/ give you an idea of who's helpful. People with like, 80 Karma have obviously done something right to get to that point. Plus, I feel good after I've clicked someone's nuzzle button. I feel like I've done something nice xD

But I don't think there should be a bite button.. It will lead to people getting bullied because of their negative Karma number and such. Whether they did something to deserve it, or not... I think you should only be able to give Karma, not take it away.

I also like the idea of being able to turn it off and on. This way, if someone just doesn't want anything to do with the Karma drama, they can just shut if off. Then they won't have to worry about whether their Karma has gone up or down today, and they won't have to feel bad about themselves if someone bites them lol

Karma can be good and bad.. in the end, I voted no. I like to give out Karma. I think it's a nice gesture to nuzzle someone :3

I agree with this post. I like giving Karma as much as revieving them. It makes me feel good inside ^^
However, if maybe the bite option was taken away, it would be better. I haven't really heard any arguments about this yet but that could mainly be I've only recently started coming on here. However, I can see that happening, and I came across one or two posts having issues with Karma.
I also like the turning on and off option. That can be very useful. And maybe a hidden option, so if you don't want others to see your karma, you can hide it, like you can hide your email address.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Wolf1345

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 02:24:02 pm »
I vote yes to a species board. If i cant vote on it, i say yes anyway. :P

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 02:27:44 pm »
..This isn't even about a species board. >w>

Back on topic, I changed my vote to no. It shouldn't go. I love giving out karma, I only bite if I feel the person has done something wrong by the community, not myself. I don't bite people for disagreeing with me. I respect all opinions.
HOWEVER... I do think an on/off switch should be added. Some people don't like it much.