Author Topic: African Plains - In The Making  (Read 4944 times)

Offline hollyjingle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Luff dat wolfie <3
    • View Profile
African Plains - In The Making
« on: March 27, 2013, 05:47:53 pm »
I'm working on a game called African Plains. It's basically a MMORPG mixed in with hunting and computerized bosses, almost like SoE in some ways. So far, I've got barely anything done, with only two staff members including me (the owner) and the co-owner. But, I still think it's going to turn out well with enough time. There is going to be at least four main characters to choose from, if not more: Leopard, Cheetah, Antelope, & Lion. You choose gender, age (cub, teen, adult) and I've been wondering on customization. Anyway, it will be kind of like Wolf Quest in African animals, but there's unlimited multiplayer chat, you have more categories for communication, there's more predators & prey, your litter size (offspring/cubs) is randomly generated (Lions 5-1, Leopards 3-1, Antelope 2-1, Cheetah 4-1), more controls, better graphics, and it's more   free ( As in bigger map ). I've been typing up a whole paper on it, but, I'm not here to advertise. So, I just want to let you all know that if this ever gets finished, it's going to be a pretty good game, because I wouldn't send out a bad game. x.x Anyway...
Beguiled Hearts needs coders, mesh makers, modelers, mappers... Anyone who has game experience to help out.
O3O Join -------> www.beguiledhearts.webs.com
www.beguiledhearts.proboards.com

Offline Zoey

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: African Plains - In The Making
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:56:54 am »
But...What progress you have of that game?I know many many projects that never finished because they don't have the tools to make the game.

Sorry for my bad english.
Deviantart: gatitaluci.deviantart.com
Tumblr: lushi1421.tumblr.com

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 02:17:01 am »
Wow sounds really cool so far. I'm sorry to hear you have such a small team though...hmm you should look to see if anyone around this forum might want to help you. There are a few people I know around here who are trustable and very good with programming/coding etc. I wish you the best of luck with this project and I look forward to updates on its progress :3

Offline hollyjingle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Luff dat wolfie <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
Thank you both for posting (And now I feel bad for posting late.) :P We've got better progress, and are still designing the website. We now are currently at four staff members, progress, but very slow. So, due to the slow progress, if anyone is interested, it'd be best to contact me right here on the forums, or when I'm online. But, back about the game. I've decided the new name is to be 'Beguiled Hearts.' It sounds kind of like Feral Heart, and due to that I'm pondering upon whether I should change it again-- Because, I'd hate it for people to think I copied. Anyway, if anyone has played Kuma Games' and Animal Planet's 'I predator,' and if anyone has played Wolf quest, you'll see to it that this game is quite like both, but much better. The models are still being sculpted out, and our expectations for the graphics are HIGH. If possible, I'm hoping the male lion model will look like this example in the link: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-lion-fur-animation/690723
Beguiled Hearts needs coders, mesh makers, modelers, mappers... Anyone who has game experience to help out.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 04:29:04 pm »
Sounds like an interesting game. c:
And the slow progress doesn't bother me much, I'm used to waiting. But I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end when the game is finished.~

linton

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 06:14:23 pm »
I could make the map if you want *epic mapping smile*. Also I could be an admin/mod. I can't wait till it's out :D! No need to rush though. Just make it AWESOME.

Offline hollyjingle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Luff dat wolfie <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 07:48:40 pm »
That'd be wonderful! :3 We currently are at five staff members, and we'd love to have you as a sixth, especially since you are dealing with map making! Here's our website: http://beguiledhearts.proboards.com/  I made a few applicant threads, but they appear to be just as rebellious as me. So, until they appear, you'll just have to make due I guess. 3; Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope to see you on the team, Ferangerav. - Holly

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 08:53:07 pm »
Sounds like a wonderful game indeed. I certainly would love to play it.
But I have a few questions. Is this 13+ or for at least mature people?
Are you putting up rules soon? and also, how much progress have you done so far?
Do you plan on adding hyenas in the future?
I wish you good luck with the slow progress, and I shall wait.
Good luck with your MMORG game. I shall wait for this beautiful thing~ I can't wait! :3

~Hugrf

Offline hollyjingle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Luff dat wolfie <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 10:40:06 pm »
I'm glad to see so many questions. ^^  First up: I'd suggest people be 12+ Before playing due to blood and violence in hunting, but I really don't require any age at all. If your parents/guardians are okay with you playing a certain game, I'm fine with it. But, I must warn, it's unlimited chat, so there can be inappropriate content now and then (Hopefully not so much, though.) Next, I've been thinking about posting the rules soon enough. I'll probably have them on beguiledhearts.proboards.com before on here, but eventually they'll probably make it here. We haven't got much progress, at five staff members, not very much can be done. But, we're trying hard to collect everything together, and I HOPE for this game to be completed in a year or less. Next question, we already are planning hyena into the game. They're supposed to be rivals to threaten your cubs/family/self, a challenge for you to have to protect them. But, I've been thinking, maybe we can fit them as a main character that you can be. Hopefully we can. Thank you, Hugrf, for giving me something to do. :P Hopefully I'll see you on the staff team.
               - Holly

shewolf51

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 06:32:21 pm »
I really like this idea but in regards to the lion model you should probably drop the bar a tad lower because if the lion model looks just like that then it will require a very high end computer to run especially for an online game. However, if you manage to pull off what you're proposing then I would certainly be quite happy. Will you be advertising the game elsewhere? Perhaps that way you'll be able to find additional coders, animators, 3d modellers, etc.