Author Topic: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?  (Read 26037 times)

MyDarkSide13

Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:04:03 pm »
It bugs me that so many people are negative towards Warrior Cat Role Players. I mean most of the people that are negative to them/about them have never once Role Played as one or read the books. I think people in Fluorite (and on the forums) should just drop the rant. Don't hate them if you have never tried to Role Play as one. Whenever I go into Fluorite, people start yelling at me and saying hurtful things about my Warriors Role Play when they have never joined. I want to know why so many people claim to "hate" them and their ways?

Offline EllaDragoness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Stuck with a ridiculous username.
    • waddigator
    • waddigator
    • View Profile
Re: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:12:40 pm »
I'm afraid it's due to powerplayers being common in those roleplays.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:35:59 pm »
I-... Don't hate them, but I do understand why people are wary. They attract many, many younger players, many of whom are entirely new to roleplay; they likely don't know that powerplaying, map claiming and the like is wrong! It's why it has such a terrible reputation in the game. There's undoubtedly mature, brilliant and considerate WC roleplayers around (I've had the pleasure of roleplaying with some yesterday on my wolf!), but the large majority of mapless groups  (the public roleplays people are most likely to encounter) are rather questionable in terms of nature and riddled with aforementioned problems. It's hard not to notice them when they try to bar non-WC roleplayers from even sitting in the same area as them. If I had a pound for every time I've been 'killed' by a kit...!

There's also the fact that there's simply so many WC roleplays around; they're flooding out all the non-WC advertisements! My friends do get a little irritated when they're advertising for their original groups in general-- their posts are instantly spammered off the page by a dozen carbon-copy Warriors groups.  

It's a shame that the few, considerate Warrior Cat roleplayers are outnumbered! Even so, they certainly don't deserve any abuse. You should, however, screenshot, report and block folk whenever they harass you; it's against the rules. That way, they'll get exactly what they deserve-- no roleplayer should ever be harassed for their likes! :(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:38:53 pm by Nemena »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:51:30 pm »
^ What Nemena said.

Another factor that I've noticed is that every time a certain type of roleplay becomes a 'fad' (or just particularly popular for an extended period of time), there are just oodles and bunches of people who will dislike and pit themselves against the popular species, just because. (Which, it's really silly, if you ask me.)
While there have always been warriors running around, I do remember when there was a HUGE fad for lions, where the game was almost nothing but lions (this was when I first joined about two years ago), and then it went into a wolf phase, where lions were almost nowhere to be found. And, now it's mostly warriors (not to say there's not any wolves or lions left, which simply isn't true. xD It's really quite diverse, I know.) Either way, it's natural to see tons of their advertisements floating around General in Flourite.

As Nemena said, there's a share of beautifully considerate, creative and original warrior cats out there that are just a joy to roleplay with, and, of course, there's the other players that are attracted to warriors because they've read the books, and they like it.

Granted, I like the books. I like roleplaying as a warrior every now and then. c; There is nothing wrong with warriors, the same way there's really nothing wrong with any other species out there.

The people that say they hate all people who roleplay as warriors are probably just being butthurts about one or two bad experiences they had with some.
Yes, the kitties can be dramatic at times, but there's a much more beautiful side to the Clans, too. So, don't let it get to ya. :3
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »
Most people are negative about Warrior Cats because of how they powerplay and claim public maps.
They tend to powerplay people much bigger than them and will caps rage often too, in some cases. They do also flood the chat with ads as Nemena said. People have many bad experiences with Warrior Cats sometimes, and can grow to hate them.

~sits here praying no one will yell at my post~

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »
Most people are negative about Warrior Cats because of how they powerplay and claim public maps.
They tend to powerplay people much bigger than them and will caps rage often too, in some cases. They do also flood the chat with ads as Nemena said. People have many bad experiences with Warrior Cats sometimes, and can grow to hate them.

~sits here praying no one will yell at my post~
Hey, floof. No shame in sharing your opinion-- this thread is a discussion, so it's alright to do that, so long as you're not victimizing/bullying anyone.
Which, you aren't~

I do understand where you're coming from, and it's like what Nemena and I were getting at. There's always going to be groups of them that aren't exactly the best at what they do (xD), but that doesn't ring true for every warrior roleplayer.
When you encounter the bad ones, well, just go your own way and don't let them get to ya. (Of course, if they're breaking game rules, take screenshots and PM them to a mod, but that's beside the point.)
Don't use it to judge the whole of those roleplayers, though, since there's always a bright side to this kind of thing. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 10:18:37 pm »
I'm not a big fan of Warrior Cat roleplays but I don't hate them.
Its sad to say this but most Warrior Roleplays do have alot of powerplay.
And most of them are at max size... then again I don't think thats as bad since its kinda there own roleplay.
But going back to the powerplaying.. many of them say they have ''powers'' and try to take over others.
 Alot of the public roleplays like to start fights with other roleplays as well.

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.

MyDarkSide13

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 10:21:29 pm »
I understand what all of you are saying, though it just makes me angry and very put down when people judge my Warriors Role Play off of what the mappless Warriors do. I have even had some cases of people (mostly wolves) scaring off my brand new members I spent a lot of time and effort advertising for. Now I'm not trying to say wolves are bad and mean for scaring off my members it's just over the time I have seen that lions and other feline species deal/cope with it a lot better than the canines. I am not just an all Warriors Role Player, I have canines and felines alike. I just want to know why tth people judge before they know

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »
Thats why I like mapped roleplays better.
Most of the time they last longer and the rp does not have to worry about others in there way.

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.

Offline RisingLife

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 11:27:18 pm »
Come here home dawg, I get exactly where you are coming from cx I used to be a hard-core Warriors RPer, having my whole account just FILLED with Warrior cats. I would also have a lot of run-ins like you, people discriminating against me because of what my character was, not how I roleplayed. At first, it hurt me like it does to you, but then, after talking to some other friends, we realized no matter what we do, those people aren't going to change how they feel. So then I just started ignoring them (its easier if you know who does it, and then just dont read their posts, or better yet, block them) and tried to get the members who were being chased away to join by whispering them. Don't be discouraged Dark c: They will stop bothering you once they figure out you simply don't care (and even if you do, just act like you don't)

And why they judge? Well think of all the popular singers, artist, and anything else out there. Think about the huge following they have. Then think about the haters. Its a rule of life, if some one or something is popular, there is naturally going to be people who don't like it. Whether is be because they think it would be cool to not like it or that they honestly just cant stand it, the haters are always going to be there. So like I said, just try to ignore them c:
Check out my preset shop here!
And Art thread here!
And Character Bio here!?