Author Topic: LionCave~ Realistic Lion MMORPG~ Site added, plus lion realistic lion model!  (Read 23716 times)

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
LionCave

LionCave is a realistic 3D lion MMORPG placed in an African setting. Players will be able to hunt, form prides, and raise young in a realistic environment.

Hunting will be realistic, and will involve using the stalk and then chase and kill mechanism. You will have to make sure you are close enough to have a chance, yet far enough away that it doesn't alert your prey. Bigger and more difficult prey, such as wildebeest and buffalo, will require a pride effort to bring down. The hunting animations will also be realistic, with actual biting and clawing animations. Yes, there will be a bit of blood. After the kill is made, the player can then eat the prey they brought down. You must hunt at least once every three days before beginning to starve. If you don't play the game for a month or longer, your character will die due to starvation and dehydration.

Now... onto the subject of mating. In order to have cubs, you must mate. However, there will be no actual mating animation due to the fact that I know people will be immature about it. Instead, the two characters will merely nuzzle, while the female will roll on her back and purr, pawing at the male's face while the male nuzzles her. There will also be an option in your bio to turn 'allow mating requests' on or off. To mate with someone, you must click on their avatar and send a mating request. There is an ability to make it so no one can spam you with requests by simply turning mating off.

Cubs will be actual players. When making a character, you have the choice to play as a newborn cub, or an adult. If you choose newborn cub, there will be a list of available pregnant mothers, with their activity and last login date shown. Pregnancy lasts 1 week, and the last three days are open for cubs to select the mother. The last day is the due date, but the cubs aren't born until both the mother and cubs are all online at once. If the cubs aren't born yet a week after the due date, it is a miscarriage.

Cubs must be nursed when first born, and they can't walk for the first three days of life. Just crawl. They will be weak and defenseless. After the days, they learn to walk and can play. The cannot hunt or kill until they turn into adolescents. If the mother does not feed the cubs, they will die. However, any other lioness can nurse or hunt for any cub, in the case of neglectful mothers.

Prides can be led by either a male or a female. If the leader doesn't log in for over a month, the pride is disbanded. Prides can have as many members as they want to, there is no limit. The bigger the pride is, the more successful they are. To join a pride, you can pull up a list that lists all prides that the leader is currently online in, and the pride's activity level. Select one, and send a joining request. If you are accepted, pride members will become blue dots on your minimap.

There will also be many emotes and actions you can perform, such as roaring, play-fighting, and snarling/growling.

PvP will be an option. You can have the option to turn PvP on or off. When it is off, no one can attack you. If it is on, anyone can attack you, unless they have PvP turned off. There will also be no health bar, as wounds will show on the character.

~WIP~

EDIT: Website added. http://lion-cave.freeforums.net/

UPDATE: We are thinking of using this model as the base. (Since it is a lioness, we can just add a mane to make it male, and downsize and add spots to make a cub. That's why I just want a lioness, instead of getting both.)

The only problem with that model is... it's $50. Though... that is one epic looking model for $50, don't ya think? Wouldn't you wanna play a game with a lioness model like /that/?

You can find the model here: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/lioness-animation-fur-3d-model/687139

If anyone interested in LionCave would like to help buy the model, we would be grateful. Plus... such a nice thing would not go un-repaid. We would definitely think of something to repay anyone kind enough to help us with the model, and thus the entire production of LionCave.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:56:01 am by TheFourLinks »
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
Re: LionCave~ Realistic Lion MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 02:28:08 am »
I'll be watching the progress of your game. :3 Goodluck.

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

Offline WhiskerWatcher

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Red haired animal!
    • MsWhiskersArt
    • Ms Whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 11:35:55 am »
Good luck on the game.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:47:13 pm by Whisker Watcher »
Love you all <3

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 12:36:17 pm »
I don't see a way of helping you with the models, or anything in that perspective, but I will be stalking this thread as it seems fun and maybe if you want to I could help you create a forum? Of course I would be glad to help in some way.

Good luck on the game xD
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline KizaHUN

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Live with your life
    • View Profile
    • Sanctum Of The Lions
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »
I can make a website if you want XD

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 05:05:43 pm »
Website has been added.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Updated with screens of the lioness model~

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Omg, that is one amazing model. My eyes hurt from it's amazing floofiness xD
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
That lioness model looks flooftacular. (lol what...)

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

AlphaEclipse

:o I had to look again. I thought it was a real picture at first. o-o