Author Topic: #1 favorite video game & how you got into it  (Read 1971 times)

Offline -Nightfire-

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
#1 favorite video game & how you got into it
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:45:47 pm »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: #1 favorite video game & how you got into it
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »
The Pokemon franchise, preferably FireRed/LeafGreen version and Pokemon X (the only Pokemon games I played, really)

The franchise is super addicting and hard to put down when you are playing it. I can play Pokemon X for the whole day and not even notice it. It's just something that triggers in the game that makes it so addicting. I'm not sure what it is! It all started with LeafGreen that my mother gave to me for my birthday (later coming FireRed the next year). I got hooked to those games, and FireRed became the most defeated one, but I couldn't pass the Elite Four. I then broke my fourth GameBoy Advanced SP charger. I couldn't play them anymore. Didn't play Pokemon for years, until I got Pokemon X for my birthday more than a week ago. Now I'm addicted again!

I could also mention the Kirby franchise. I had Kirby and the Amazing Mirror when I was 5 for the same system. Loved the pink puff guy. Kirby's my childhood game. I also had Kirby Air Ride, another amazingly fun game, and I currently have Kirby Mass Attack.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:03:48 pm »
I believe this thread belongs in the Off-topic Discussion boards. I advise bein' a bit more aware as to where ye' post yer threads in the future.

On another note, I know not as to why my favorite video games have become so favored by me. I guess it has to do with the plot lines they all possess and the accessibility to a variety of supernatural/demonic/hand-to-hand/stealth/etc combat. I've seen the official launch trailers to em' all via YouTube and instantly became hooked. Then when I tried out the games themselves, I couldn't put my controller down. I am aware that ever since I was young, I've always loved otherwordly creatures, the paranormal, and the demonic. I also enjoyed whimsical storybooks and movies thanks to my father, who'd allow me to watch a variety of horror and fantasy-based movies with him. I s'pose that as I grew older, my preference for the un-explainable, fantasy-based, and frightenin' have reflected from the types of games that I like to play, which I will list below:

Those five would have to be my favorite games thus far.
Posted the logos themselves because writin' just the names in the usual text is no fun.
gone

Offline -Nightfire-

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 09:51:59 pm »
I believe this thread belongs in the Off-topic Discussion boards. I advise bein' a bit more aware as to where ye' post yer threads in the future.
You sure? I mean the description for this board says,"For discussion regarding other games you know and play.", then when you read this board's guidelines, it says,"This board is for open discussion of all types of games that are not FeralHeart- it can be anything from other online games, your favorite Xbox games, or even fun iPod app games."

This topic is clearly focused on game discussion.

But then again I'm pretty new to FH and forums so if you know how to move threads let me know so I can move it.  :P

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 10:30:42 pm »
You sure? I mean the description for this board says,"For discussion regarding other games you know and play.", then when you read this board's guidelines, it says,"This board is for open discussion of all types of games that are not FeralHeart- it can be anything from other online games, your favorite Xbox games, or even fun iPod app games."

This topic is clearly focused on game discussion.

But then again I'm pretty new to FH and forums so if you know how to move threads let me know so I can move it.  :P
While that may be, and if I'm not mistaken, this board is for the discussion about a particular game and its distribution. For example, if one has a game they'd like to announce publicly that has nothin' to do with Feralheart, here is the place to announce it. To me, this thread is more of an off-topic discussion regarding, as ye've stated yerself, why certain games are listed as peoples' favorites. Not really a thread revolvin' around one or two games itself alone. To put it another way, this board is more leanin' to the "Hey! Let's advertise this game and tell everyone about it!" instead of an actual discussion such as this.
That's merely my viewpoints on the matter and I'll direct a moderator here to see if I've been mistaken in my judgement or not. If so, then I give ye' my sincere apologies for the trouble as even I make mistakes every now and then, I will admit.
gone