Author Topic: Help with Particles?  (Read 1089 times)

Offline MistWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Help with Particles?
« on: February 20, 2015, 05:23:23 pm »
I'm trying to get the water splash particle in game, so I can use it on a map I'm working on. But I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to get it to show up in the Effect Maker in the Object Maker. I've tried looking at a couple of tutorials, but I'm still confused. I've entered the water splash's name in as "Water", "water", "water.particle", "watersplash" "watersplash.particle", and I've even tried opening up the particle file in Notepad and using the name shown there: "FX/WaterSplash" and then as  "FX/WaterSplash.particle", and FeralHeart still keeps telling me that it can't find the file. What am I doing wrong?

DreamerDay

Re: Help with Particles?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »
There should be a file called water.particle in your Particles folder. You should read this tutorial: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17179.0

The water smoke particle should be typed into EffectMaker as WaterfallSmoke and water splash is WaterSplash. Just remember that is case sensitive ;)

(I know you didn't ask for waterfall smoke...so ignore it)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:35:22 pm by DelightfulRevenge »

Offline MistWolf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 06:31:49 pm »
Ah! It works! Thank you so much!

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 06:39:17 pm »
Oh my goodness! That's great; I was afraid I was doing something wrong at first, but Yay!

Good luck with your map.

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:16:10 pm »
Mods plez lock XD~

(I just randomly find old threads and notify mods to lock them... I should be a mod and just lock them myself x3)

In-game user is Allari101