Author Topic: The Dentist  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
The Dentist
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:25:42 am »
  I have never been to the dentist before, but I have a toothache and my gum on one side is sore, and my mouth tastes funny. My mum is always making a fuss about the dentist, and she is covered in tattoos and peircings, plus she's a nurse. What I want to know is, does going to the dentist hurt? In the end I'll probably do what I have always done and stick it out until the pain goes away (Or I simply get used to it, it could be either). Is it worth going to the dentist for something I know will go away with time and leave with braces (my teeth are horridly positioned, the reason mum never takes me, we could never afford braces) Or should I just wait it out? If I do go, is there anything I can get for pain that is better than a needle? I hate needles, and getting a needle in my gums does not sound plesant...

Be warned, advice given here will most likely not be taken.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: The Dentist
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:50:58 am »
Well, if it was a general toothache, I would say just wait it out. But you say your gum is sore. Now for that I would say go. It could be something bad.
Braces. The dentist isn't going to make you have braces. It's totally up to you. They might mention it, but they aren't going to force you. The needles are usually used for numbing your gums. If they have to numb your gums or something, you can choose between a needle, and some cream thing.

That's how the dentist is there. I don't know about where you live. ^^

So, overall, I would definitely say go. ;)

Offline tofu

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • *Wiggly tongue*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:55:30 am »
going by me experiences with the guy who wants to faten my teeth because he says ima hurt someone (aka the dentist)
it only hurts when they stick you with a needle and numb you mouth, unless they didn't use enough then i hurts ALOT but they only did that to me once so im sure if you went you'd be fine.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 02:15:22 am »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 02:19:35 am »
XD I love the little shop of horrors, the dentist especially XD

I think I will just wait it out... But I should probably go in the future... I think I will ask for happy gas no matter what they are actually doing... 1. I want to know what it's like 2. I can see me panicking over every little thing they do...

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »
Haha don't worry, it's not such a big deal. :B

Keep your cool, nothing really hurts like they say. I went to the dentist for the first time when I was 6, and visited about once one/two years, and she never hurted me. ^^ I've done four tooth extractions so far at the dentist, I was nervous, but really it doesn't hurt. So yes, I'd definitely say go. ;3

Spring

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 10:54:52 am »
I'd say wait it out, take some pain killers and unless you're screaming in pain ( let's hope it doesn't come to that :) ). If you do decide to go to the dentist, you needn't worry, I've been there more times than I can remember, and got more fillings than I can remember! I've even got braces. The dentist has never hurt me in the slightest and gives me a lollypop afterwards... 8D (sugar free of course) Good luck! :)

Liekos

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 03:53:31 pm »
I visited when i was 7,
i was a wild thing
didn't want to be touched
so when the dentist carried me
i vomited on him
cause i'm cool like that ;)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 03:55:01 pm »
XD Epic dentist vomiting XD

Babe

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 04:38:18 pm »
I hate the dentist. Dx