Author Topic: Concerned about losing screenshots and other things...  (Read 987 times)

Offline TruthOfTheMt.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Icon by LiliEtch on dA :)
    • https://www.deviantart.com/truth
    • View Profile
Concerned about losing screenshots and other things...
« on: November 01, 2015, 01:32:16 am »
So, I need to reinstall FH, but I'm concerned of losing *all* my screenshots and all of the things I made/downloaded (maps, presets, friends' maps, items, etc.), so I would really like to know asap if I will or will not lose them when I uninstall then reinstall the game...

Thanks to all who answer!

"She glowed as the moon shone on her, illuminating her immensely white coat; the markings on her face glowing as a soft nightlight would..."

S. Italy/Romano

Re: Concerned about losing screenshots and other things...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 01:44:09 am »
Considering that the Screenshots folder, along with Maps, Presets and Items are all in the main FH folder and not a separate one in "My Documents", I would say that yes, you will lose those things unless you back them up.

You will not lose your friends, characters or people you blocked since those are linked to your account and not game client dependent.

Offline TruthOfTheMt.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Icon by LiliEtch on dA :)
    • https://www.deviantart.com/truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 04:53:55 am »
Thanks Astrologer :)

"She glowed as the moon shone on her, illuminating her immensely white coat; the markings on her face glowing as a soft nightlight would..."

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 07:36:03 am »
You can always back them up like Astrologer mentioned.
If you don't have it already, winrar is great to have on your computer for many reasons.
If you do have it, I can suggest zipping the folders you want to keep, and uploading them to either dropbox or mediafire.
Thus incase your hard drive gives in as well, the files will always be available later.

If you don't wann go through the hassle like I reccomend you do, just move those wanted folders out of the Feralheart folder.
Keep in mind that if you are re-installing the game due to any glitches, these may continue if you move some folders back.
If you're having issues with crashing after downloading or exporting a map, check for duplicate particles.
RETIRED.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 03:54:42 pm »
If you don't back up your screenshots, maps, presets, etc, then you will lose those files. It's best to go ahead and backup the files that you want to keep, so that once the game as been reinstalled, all you will have to do is put them back into the Feral Heart folder, in each corresponding folder. I'll lock this topic since your question has been answered. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.