Author Topic: Car Troubles  (Read 1926 times)

Offline WulffiWulf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Car Troubles
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »
so i woke up to go to school today like usual. my mom went to go drive me and saw she had a flat tire. she didn't think she was gonna make it to the gas station. luckily there were 2 guys cutting the neighbors grass and they had a air compressor to put some air in. they also had stuff to plug the tire with. so they filled it up good enough so that we could make it over to the gas station to get more air. when we got there my mom turned the car off, and put a little more air in to be sure it was good. when she went to turn the car on it wouldn't turn on. she tried and tried and it did nothing. yesterday she went to go fix that problem. the people at the auto parts store thought it was the battery so they replaced that. turns out it wasn't the battery. so at the gas station no one even bothered to help us. so we decided to move the car out of everyone's way and since so one helped us i had to push the car back while my mom was steering it. so now the car is sitting at the gas station with a bag in the window so it doesn't look abandoned. and we had to walk all the way back home as well...

we have not been having any luck lately. life really sucks right now.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Re: Car Troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:36:16 pm »
I had something simular happen.

About in March my mom, stepdad, sister, and I were going somewhere that took three hours to reach by car. I won't say where or why we were going though, thats besides the point x3
Anyway, we get in our car and about an hour and a half, when we were half way there, out car crashes down. Luckily we made it to a gas station. So we tried everything we could to get the car fix, and we were literally just stuck there, we had no family members nearby to come and pick us up or anything. We tried calling people for help but we didn't have the money at the time to get towed or have the car fixed or anything. So basically, we were stuck in the middle of no where for 12 hours!
We finally had someone who would come and get us, but she had to go do a few things first, so we had to wait for her. At about one or two in the morning, when we were all alone in the parking lot of the gas station, a spooky experience xD, she finally came. We got into her car, and when she was driving, it scared the heck out of all of us how she was driving! To make matters worse, the road we were taking was where a car accident took place not to long ago, last week in fact. We all held onto each other for dear life and didn't look at the road, closing our eyes shut and praying like crazy!
She kept swerving, she would not stay in one lane, and at one point she almost went off the road o_o Never been so scared in my entire life Dx
At long last, we finally reached home, I got out of that car and was never so happy to see our house (we had to forget about going to our first destination of course and just go back home).
Except our front door was locked and since we just recently moved in to this house, we didn't have the house key yet xD My stepdad had to climb over the fence and try to open the back door. When we finally got inside, I didn't leave that house for like an entire week xD

To this day, our car is still broken down T_T
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:01:49 am »
One time when my friends and I were driving back from Arizona, one of our tires blew out in the middle of no where. It was literally an empty road, there were only about 5 cars passing by every 30 minutes. We thought we were seriously gonna die. xD Then at about.. 12 in the morning, we decided to blast the radio music and see if anyone notices, I mean.. having it blasted.. it was bound to be heard by someone.
At about 4 in the morning that time, we had a police officer drive up to us, we were noticed! 8D ..And all he did was give us a ticket. =w= Then he drove away, we were all like, "...KJHWSNDFUJWHSDKHIKJHLSKD. Useless."
THEEEEEN at about 6 in the morning, we were all passed out. Still in the car, still in the middle of nowhere. Then a motorcycle driver seemed to have noticed us and asked what happened, we explained it (and included what the police officer did) and being such an AWESOME person, he decided to help us out. What a nice guy he was. We were about 50 miles for a gas station, so yeah, the luck of getting to one of those was kinda slim. We all helped the motorcycle guy out with fixing the tire, and when it was working we were soo happy. xD
THEN, the motorcycle ran out of gas. In the same location as we did, he forgot to take the keys out and it was running, so being the nice people we are, and to repay the favor, we put his motorcycle in the back of the car (don't ask how) and we were all going to the same place, so we brought him along with us.
And ever since that day, we've been friends and we still are friends. Who knew that getting stuck in the middle of nowhere would get you a new friend? xD

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 01:22:38 am »
Urg, our old car was horrible (so is our new one, but the old one had worse things happen to it...)

We were driving along the highway, when our car started to over heat. So mum had to pull over on this strip that barely fit our car. And the trucks kept driving really close to our car, and the whole car rattled when they drove past... And I was sitting on the side closest to the trucks... Horrifying... Well, every hour or so we had to stop, we couldn't just turn back, there was a barrier so we had to keep going forward instead of back to our house which was closer than our destination (3 hour trip, we had only been driving like 10 minutes or something...)
  We finally got to our destination and all.

But the worst part was when we tried to have it fixed. We couldn't drive it to a garage or atuomobile fixer place, so we had to have a group called lube mobile (pretty well kown, so you'd think they are decent people) come around to our place, they were the only group we knew that went around to house calls. Mum had had a broken car once before, and called them around. They replaced a not cheap car part, that didn't fix it, so they said it had to be something else, a very expensive car part that needed to be replaced. Mum couldn't afford it so she sent them on their way, got rid of the car. But we couldn't do that with this car, in those days we had dad to drive us around, but not any more.
  So you know what happened? They replaced the EXACT SAME CAR PART AS THE DIFFERENT CAR. Then guess what? THEY SAID IT WAS THE EXACT SAME EXPENSIVE CAR PART THAT NEEDED REPLACING! Guess what? That didn't work. We spent heaps on that car part only for it to fail miserably. So lube mobil tried to have us buy an even MORE expensive car part. Wes snet them packing, the last car part had us broke.

So mum sold the car for $500 dollars to a friend known for fixing up cars.

You wanna know what happened next?

He fixed it, replaced a broken cap that should have only cost us like $50, when lube mobile made us fork over thousands. The moral of this story?

LUBEMOBILE ARE SCAMMERS

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline WulffiWulf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:29:08 am »
wow. earlier after i posted about this we went back up to the gas station to try and start it and it still didnt start. we got the hood up hoping someone would see us with it up and help out. luckily some random mad did help us out. he got out a pocket knife and banged it on the starter a few times and then the car started. we drove it to a car repair place (benett or something like that. its a local auto fixing place) and let them replace the starter. we walked home cause we had no other way home and home was 16 blocks away! not to mention i live in florida and it was 86 degresse outside with 100% humidity. when we got home we waited for the guy to call and tell us how much it was gonna be. he called and said $187.86 (or something like that) and he fixed it up within 30 minuets. thankfully he drove the car here and picked us up, and drove us back to the shop.

a few problems fixed with that car but there are still many more. 1998 Ford Tarus.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 11:54:41 am »
See, this is why I think riding a horse would be a lot better then using cars >. >

Yes, they are nice looking and convenient to have, and they get you to places faster, but here are the issues:

-Billions and billions of car accidents

-Traffic

-Cars breaking down and having to pay a lot of money to get them fixed or replaced

There are a lot more reasons, but to tired to place them all down. Also, there's drunk driving, but that fits in the the car accident section. This is another good reason why a horse would be better to have than a car; if your drunk and riding a horse, your horse won't crash 8D
The Hobbit

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:08 am »
  XD so true! But horses can be more expensive than cars, you need the land to own them, feed them, vet bills, and more XD And you would need one for every family member (Mine has 6 people XD)

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 01:19:22 pm »
Well, you wouldn't necessarily need one for every family member, it would mostly depend on where you were going and how far that place is, also you may be able to get a carriage or something xD

Yes, they may be more expensive, but so are cars if they keep breaking down and you have to either buy a lot of new parts for them or a completely different new car, and also you have to pay for gas! O_o

Also, for getting more horses you could always try to breed the one you have xD
Buy just one other horse thats the opposite gender and see if they get along, and reproduce.
However, if you did need one horse for every family member, down side to this would be then you would need to buy a horse to be the newborns mate once its fully grown. Still, its cheaper then buying the number of horses needed for your family xD And your original horse may have more than one child, though I'm not really an expert when it comes to horse breeding.
The Hobbit