Author Topic: Character help  (Read 2438 times)

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Character help
« on: June 18, 2016, 02:25:54 am »
Heeeeeey guys, so I'm gonna be exploring FH with what'll be my new main FH OC (Not my fursona, that title goes to HummingKitten). Aaaand I have no clue where to start. I'll be doing a similar method of what I did for my first ever FH OC: Liliana (A character who I deleted a long time ago)

Basically I'm just making a bunch of random designs then choosing the one I think's best. But I need help, I want a memorable character who people will recognize, yet still realistic and simple enough that people will want to RP with. At the same time, I want a design that would be better off as a preset, though still very recognizable with simple Mass/Legendary Markings. Don't worry about items, I'll add those as I RP. I've got some basic info down here:

Name: Lilith (Kinda a reference to Liliana, the start of their names are the same)
Species: Feline (Unlike Liliana)
Mane: Side
Tufts: Back, cheek mane (probably)
Ears: Caracal
Tail: Rounded (May be changed to thick)
Eyes: Swirl (I like this, however, I fear this is too unrealistic, and will discourage others from RPing with me. Face it, many people will not RP with another character because of their looks, sadly enough. If this is too unrealistic, the eyes will be changed to 'Fire')
Wings: Nah
Markings: Not the foggiest clue
Basically anything else: Not the foggiest clue

I'm also kinda looking for some backstory too. This is the character I'll be using to explore the FH maps, and I want her to start as a young kit/cub/whatever, to an adult. However, why on earth would a kit be travelling the land of FH without it's mother?

Possible thoughts so far:

(In reference to the new maps) The mother wanted to stay behind, as she didn't want to leave her old home. However, for her kit's safety, she raised the kit until it was old enough to have a chance to survive, then fled in the dead of night while Lilith was asleep.

Who would her mother be, though? -shrug-

If anyone can help me with this, and possible designs for her, that's be fantastic! I'll probably post another thing in a week or two, comparing some designs I have for her.
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Character help
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 06:03:07 am »
Try mixing your favourite colours together and making sure they work together depending on how you use them (e.g Grey pelt, black markings etc) and go from there. Have a fiddle with that until you're completely happy with how it looked - you don't have to be realistic to find a good roleplay ^_^. Just make sure you're perhaps not neon and then you'll have better chances - sadly the last thing people want is to roleplay with a bright, neon, blinding character. As for the backstory, what I would do is first of all find your character's mother (maybe ask a friend or such) and actually roleplay it out to make the backstory that way. It'll be much more interesting if you can summarise that roleplay. c:

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 04:08:51 pm »
Try mixing your favourite colours together and making sure they work together depending on how you use them (e.g Grey pelt, black markings etc) and go from there. Have a fiddle with that until you're completely happy with how it looked - you don't have to be realistic to find a good roleplay ^_^. Just make sure you're perhaps not neon and then you'll have better chances - sadly the last thing people want is to roleplay with a bright, neon, blinding character. As for the backstory, what I would do is first of all find your character's mother (maybe ask a friend or such) and actually roleplay it out to make the backstory that way. It'll be much more interesting if you can summarise that roleplay. c:

Thank you so much! I actually used the 'mixing favorite colors' method on my fursona c'x I'll probably use a similar method and just play around with this character for a while. Thanks!
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 07:33:40 pm »
To add onto the colour mixing idea: have the colours and markings relate to the ambitions and/or personality of the character! Have their appearance reflect who they are as an individual.
And if you want -you don't have to though- she can tag along with my character Audr since he too is a traveller and makes a living trading with others or aiding locals. c'x Just a fun little RP idea.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:36:49 am »
To add onto the colour mixing idea: have the colours and markings relate to the ambitions and/or personality of the character! Have their appearance reflect who they are as an individual.
And if you want -you don't have to though- she can tag along with my character Audr since he too is a traveller and makes a living trading with others or aiding locals. c'x Just a fun little RP idea.

Ah, thanks! I actually forgot to say that I already made the character, with the name Lillie instead. Also, I'd love to RP sometime! ^^ She's just a kitten at the moment, btw.

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 07:06:12 pm »

Ah, thanks! I actually forgot to say that I already made the character, with the name Lillie instead. Also, I'd love to RP sometime! ^^ She's just a kitten at the moment, btw.
Well, I'd love to see what you've come up with! c: We can always RP, just fair warning my skills are a bit rustic from my super long hiatus. x'D

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 01:10:42 am »

Well, I'd love to see what you've come up with! c: We can always RP, just fair warning my skills are a bit rustic from my super long hiatus. x'D

Ha, same ^^" Also, thanks! Here she is: http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57166.msg781529#msg781529