Author Topic: Failed to connect to main server part 2.  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The ones that love us, never /really/ leave us.~
    • View Profile
Failed to connect to main server part 2.
« on: August 26, 2016, 10:42:02 am »
A little more to add to my first original post.. (it hasn't been posted in more than 20 days, so I figured I should make a new thread with the updated information.. if that's wrong, I apologise!)

"Hello!
So catching up on the new update, I figured it would be nice to try it out and get a feel of FH again, but i've encountered this problem that nothing seems to be fixing. I got rid of ALL things Feralheart related, and got them out of my trashcan too, and freshly redownloaded trying both the torrent and web download. I even followed the tutorials that were given, and did everything correctly. My firewall allows FH through, I restarted my router, started afresh so many times, and I cleaned my cookies/cache on BOTH firefox and google chrome.

I put my characters at home, having reset their homes beforehand, and even created a new character to test - but no matter what, I cannot connect to the main server. I tried at different times of the day, depending on how many people are online. I'm just not sure what to do, in regards to trying to get it to work. Before AND after the hacking and having to use the page to log in, I never had a problem with connecting to Feralheart before. So, I'm not sure what's happening. If anyone has any insights or something that I haven't tried, I would be most appreciative!

Thank you."

UPDATE:

I did have an idea that it would be that my computer is just old, but it still runs more demanding games quite well and let's me connect most of the time to them. So I'm not sure that it would be my computers age. It can't be my connection, internet etc etc it runs on my laptop and let's me get passed character selection. That's what seems to be my main problem on my PC. I get to the character selection, pick a character (I've reset them, put them to their homes) and then continue. But when it comes to the loading screen, my mouse can move and then it says failed to connect to main server. In my experience if you're connecting, your mouse will freeze on the screen and boom, you've connected. My mouse won't freeze on there and low and behold, it tells me I can't connect.

I'm not quite sure what to do, so I figured I'd post once more to see if anyone has any ideas, or maybe I'll ask a member of staff, I don't know. My laptop gets rather hot with FH playing, so I don't want to run the risk of destroying my Laptop before it's time lol. My PC is much better to  play FH on, or was before this giant mess. xD

So if anyone reads this, thank you!

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Failed to connect to main server part 2.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:48:05 am »
You may have too many games crowding your hard drive. Have you considered moving some games you don't normally play to a usb to free some space and see if that will work?

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:50:13 am »
You may have too many games crowding your hard drive. Have you considered moving some games you don't normally play to a usb to free some space and see if that will work?

I've deleted the games I barely play, thankfully xD I have maybe 3 there now that I play, but I can do another check to see if I have any lingering anywhere I didn't check!

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:17:58 pm »
Updated answer: doesn't seem to be the problem. Deleted even more games that lingered and still nothing. :/

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 04:20:49 pm »
'Ave ye tried making a new character to see if 'twill load it? That's all I can really think that could be causing this at the moment. I'll keep brainstorming.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:41:04 pm »
Quote from: Redlinelies
Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your control panel located in the start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use, and which layout it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security" or just find the text "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing add program.

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings "Nope!". Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

How's your internet connection?
Sometimes the internet connection of the users trying to play the game might be weak. This can cause you to not being able to connect or staying online for a longer time, many people might start blaming the game or server for this when it in fact might be themselves.

Here's a few things you can check:
1. Are you even connected to the internet right now?
2. Are you running any downloading/streaming programs?
3. Are there any other computers/devices using the same internet?
4. Are you currently using a wireless connection, if so, are you getting good signal?

Sometimes the internet connection can time out for various reasons and then jump back on again, so be sure to try a few times first.

Programs in the background
Downloading things or running streaming programs eats your bandwidth, and this bandwidth is needed in order to play the game, especially if you're using slower speeds. You can start by shutting off things like downloading programs and internet browsers. Maybe even IM programs such as MSN and AIM and try to play again.

Turn off extra devices
If you got more than 1 computer or other devices also using the internet, try turning them off if they're not in use. This will give you more bandwidth to spare.

On a wireless connection?
If you're using a laptop you might be using a wireless internet connection. These can sometimes loose their signal to the internet source. So try placing yourself closer to your modem, this might give you a stronger signal.

These things should solve the most connection problems!

End~

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 12:57:17 pm »
@RoseTheFox; Tried that! Still the same thing, unfortunately. xD But thank you!
@Moontwist; My PC is allowing FH to be connected to the internet, that was one of the first things I think, that someone suggested I try on my previous post. Firewall allows FH through, and my connection is very good, unfortunately. :/ My Laptop (wireless connection) allows FH to connect me, but my PC no longer will, hasn't since the update which I find incredibly odd. xD I've closed all things down that I can, and still no go. So I think it's just going to be a no-go for good for my PC, sadly. But thank you for quoting that! It was very appreciated.