Author Topic: Does anyone else miss when FeralHeart was big?  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else miss when FeralHeart was big?
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 07:25:35 pm »
This is coming from the person who remembers when the site reached 1,000 players online, FeralHeart was never that big. No person or thing is to blame for the numbers increasing and decreasing over the years, despite what some may tell you. MMO/RPGs populations fluctuate, whether or not they stay popular or relevant. For example, some people still play the games they loved as a child despite they are passed the recommended age-group.

Sure, I miss when it was rather quiet in Cape of Distant Worlds and there wasn't a lot of chaos in the widely-populated maps. The balance between the mature and immature is still the same, there will be users I cannot stand and there will be the ones who contrast your beliefs, but it's human nature. There are still mapless roleplays, even though they are a rarity nowadays, and it's hard to find a good one; they're out there. In a world where everyone is different, online populations will change.

You must give credit to everyone at FeralHeart, even KovuLKD. They have all kept FeralHeart alive and breathing, and we should be thankful of that. Even if FeralHeart is not as popular, or even if it still is, we need to realize how long it's stayed alive. You cannot say "was big," because you don't know what the future holds. For all we know, even if the possibilities are very low and in the negatives, that Kov will come back and be like "HEY I MADE THIS." Optimism is not my strong suit, but sometimes you just have to be positive whether you like it or not. Do not give in to false hope, because you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes of the scenes. FeralHeart have staff that care about its' members and don't abandon us during the rough patches, so we should keep that in mind.

Every member, from the beginning of FeralHeart (possibly even IT), has different theories, POVs, strategies, knowledge, and what ever else about FeralHeart and it's entirety. Some may keep quiet about them, due to those people who have no hope for FeralHeart, and others may state their opinion no matter the possible outcome.

I apologize if I came across as rude or even harsh, I am full of caffeine.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 07:38:07 pm »
This is coming from the person who remembers when the site reached 1,000 players online, FeralHeart was never that big. No person or thing is to blame for the numbers increasing and decreasing over the years, despite what some may tell you. MMO/RPGs populations fluctuate, whether or not they stay popular or relevant. For example, some people still play the games they loved as a child despite they are passed the recommended age-group.

Sure, I miss when it was rather quiet in Cape of Distant Worlds and there wasn't a lot of chaos in the widely-populated maps. The balance between the mature and immature is still the same, there will be users I cannot stand and there will be the ones who contrast your beliefs, but it's human nature. There are still mapless roleplays, even though they are a rarity nowadays, and it's hard to find a good one; they're out there. In a world where everyone is different, online populations will change.

You must give credit to everyone at FeralHeart, even KovuLKD. They have all kept FeralHeart alive and breathing, and we should be thankful of that. Even if FeralHeart is not as popular, or even if it still is, we need to realize how long it's stayed alive. You cannot say "was big," because you don't know what the future holds. For all we know, even if the possibilities are very low and in the negatives, that Kov will come back and be like "HEY I MADE THIS." Optimism is not my strong suit, but sometimes you just have to be positive whether you like it or not. Do not give in to false hope, because you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes of the scenes. FeralHeart have staff that care about its' members and don't abandon us during the rough patches, so we should keep that in mind.

Every member, from the beginning of FeralHeart (possibly even IT), has different theories, POVs, strategies, knowledge, and what ever else about FeralHeart and it's entirety. Some may keep quiet about them, due to those people who have no hope for FeralHeart, and others may state their opinion no matter the possible outcome.

You're full of caffeine and fully right.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 09:38:42 am »

You're full of caffeine and fully right.

I honestly fully agree. FeralHeart is an GREAT game, loved it before I even registered. Saw the videos and was like:
 'Woah! What's this game?! FeralHeart?! I want to play that!!!'  I do miss when it was large and bustling, I really do..
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline MaceWolfer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm always angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 04:07:16 pm »
I do actually, the smaller maps have allot of lag and not allot of space to move around in. Yeah there are more mps but there will always be a main hang out (I.E. the grounds).

Offline Jamzilla12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • A dark troubled protector... That's what I am
    • DarkGuardian12
    • Darkguadianjira12
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 12:51:51 pm »
Super... The noise and everything but I'm still glad that FH is still alive but players are not as many as before though.
There I was standing, my body wrapped by dark embers
The heat signifies my dark and foul temper
But the brightness of my fire
Signifies my protective nature

Offline witchy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • mmm good juice
    • Pastelmagoria
    • Pastelmagoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »
Ugh, I miss big user base FH a lot. Just the liveliness of it. You could sit in Bonfire and just watch people go wild, and even jump into RPs with people you've never talked to and not be questioned. Fun way to make some friends. Now it seems the only place to be if you want at least a chance of a convo in Local is the front of the Grounds.

Offline NaomiOkami

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • NaomiNoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 02:33:14 am »
I think it gotten smaller because of the registration being closed. I've met someone in another game that told me they've been trying to register for 2 years. o-o

Offline SpazPaint

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 03:43:49 am »
I remember playing FeralHeart around 2012/2013-ish. There was always hustle and bustle (and of course, an EXTREME amount of lag). Whenever I jumped into a map, there was always someone new to talk to and new friends to make. I had a blast!

IMO, not much has changed since then, gameplay-wise. I'd say the biggest changes would be with the amount of players online and their willingness to interact with one another. My biggest issue with the community nowadays is the fact that no one really talks to each other (at least in Local). Everyone seems a lot more reserved than they used to be. Seems really hard to find people in-game to strike up a conversation with. IDK, maybe it's just me.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 07:01:46 pm »
My biggest issue with the community nowadays is the fact that no one really talks to each other (at least in Local). Everyone seems a lot more reserved than they used to be. Seems really hard to find people in-game to strike up a conversation with. IDK, maybe it's just me.

It's not just you.  i blame fakebook for conditioning most people reluctant to actually notice others around them.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline flowergirlscum

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 10:18:44 am »
I think it gotten smaller because of the registration being closed. I've met someone in another game that told me they've been trying to register for 2 years. o-o

Could not agree with this more. I think if we want the community to expand and bring in even more creative, great individuals, we need to open registration. I know this is difficult to do and maybe manage but this is really holding FeralHeart back.