Author Topic: Others can't see preset!?  (Read 904 times)

Offline +Anaesthetic+

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I am but a mere vessel on a ROUND ball of souls.
    • View Profile
Others can't see preset!?
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:46:47 pm »
Hello again! Nekros here, I'm back with another issue. Fun, right? So I spent a few hours working on a preset for a character of mine belonging to my new group Perdition- and I've exported it and placed it on a charrie, their default colour being black, with the preset over the top of it. It's all exported, everything works for me- I can see my own preset- but my fiance cannot. She's downloaded my preset from Mediafire and placed the fhp file into Presets. She's reset FH and came back, only to see my charrie's default appearance- and all black wolf. How do I fix this? I've tried placing the preset onto a blank charrie, I've tried re-extracting it. Nothing is working!

Flurr

Re: Others can't see preset!?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:57:19 pm »
Hello there! Hmm, I am not entirely sure what could be causing that but I will try my best to help you! Did you make sure the preset has your exact username on the fhp file? For example, there could be a capital letter in your username but you made it lowercase. I wish I could help more, but im not the best expert when it comes to presets sadly.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 12:01:10 am »
Are there any symbols in your username that could cause issues?

As Flurr mentioned above.
A friend of mine had issues with me not seeing their preset until they changed their username to match the preset name.
Their username was a lowercase r but had to be a capital R.
RETIRED.

Offline +Anaesthetic+

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I am but a mere vessel on a ROUND ball of souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 12:03:22 am »
My username is +Anaesthetic+.. the only part that has my name in it is the fhp file itself.

Calvary

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 12:05:40 am »
It's likely not working because of your username. I know there's symbols that cause presets not to work. When I had an old account, .Headlights., my presets are ones I could see, but other people couldn't see them, unfortunately. ;; The only way you could likely get it to work would be changing your username.

Flurr

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 12:08:04 am »
Yes, its actually pretty much what Calvary and Ressy said. I believe it could be the + signs in your username that could be causing your issue. You may have to change your username and see if it works then. Hope it works for you!

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 12:13:15 am »
Dug this up from a while ago.

When entering your new username, make sure that the username is no longer than 16 characters long otherwise your account will not work. Please also do not attempt making a username with any foreign letters. It is encouraged that users try to refrain from using symbols such as _+-.,!@#$%&()?=`{}[] as they can also cause issues with the function of your account. a-z, A-Z and 0-9 are perfectly functional. Some people don't have an issue with some of these symbols, but please keep in mind that the symbols can still effect you in the longer run if you ever decide to have a preset for your character. If it doesn't work, try again but without using any symbols to see if it changes anything in terms of success.
RETIRED.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 12:40:31 am »
Also try getting your fiance to put it into "private presets" instead of presets. I personally chuck it in all the preset folders but I believe the one they have it in now is the one your own presets reside in.