Author Topic: Others cannot see my preset  (Read 1260 times)

Offline miragedtheory

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Others cannot see my preset
« on: July 24, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »
This is irritating and it made me look so stupid but I spent all this time making a preset last night, was super excited cuz it looked so cool but then got ragged for the character being solid white.  I know the preset file was downloaded and all the file names match to the tee, and the file itself is an .fhp file so I don't know what I did wrong?  Can someone help me?  This makes me feel like such a nerd...>.<

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Others cannot see my preset
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:49:17 pm »
Hrm, did you upload your preset's .fhp file to a file-sharing site (like mediafire.com)? You have to give this link to your friends, that way they can download your preset's .fhp file and put it into their Presets folder, and only then they'll be able to see your preset.

As for your character being solid white, it may be that your non-preset/custom character is wearing markings they may not have downloaded.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline miragedtheory

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »
oh so maybe that is the problem, that it isn't a discernable preset...I downloaded it and all that, but I don't really have friends to accept the preset, so then presets cannot be viewed publicly?  I will still try Mediafire, I was also having trouble downloading a second preset then the game itself crashed so...I dunno...it's all just still new to me I guess lol

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:01:47 pm »
Presets can only be viewed in-game by those who have downloaded your preset's .fhp file. However, if you want more people to download your preset, upload the .fhp file to a sharing site and post the link in our Presets & Markings section, where a lot of users put their presets up for download. You can also take screenshots of your preset and put it into your own thread in this board, that way it will be more appealing. Just so long as someone downloads that file, though, they'll be able to see your preset. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline miragedtheory

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »
Thank you so much for the info!  It's so helpful!  I feel so much better about that now too...whole group considered me daft like I couldn't make a character >.<

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 08:53:44 pm »
Also just something to add, make sure you log in exactly the way you registered. Such as when you log in game as long as you have the username right it lets you in. But for presets make sure you log in right, when you log in go to preset and export your fhp file and distribute that file to your friends by uploading it to Mediafire or Sendspace
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358