Author Topic: Ogre Error Message?  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Sandleaf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Ogre Error Message?
« on: August 15, 2011, 04:47:18 pm »
Sorry to bother everyone, but I want to get this fixed quickly, as I am currently working on two map requests which cannot wait long. :-[
After downloading some meshes, from the Meshes by Hamilton thingy, I closed and reopened fh so that I could get them into the Object Maker. However, when I tried to open the game, an error message appeared. :-\
I HAVE TRIED REINSTALLING THE GAME, AND RESTARTINGHere is the error message: ]OGRE EXCEPTION(InvalidStateException): expected object identifier at line35 in ScriptParser::parse at c:\Ogre_161_tag\OgreMain\src\OgreScriptParser.cpp (line274)
Wow, that sucked to copy out. Anyone, any advice at all is welcome. Thank you  :D
I am the creator of....

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Ogre Error Message?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 04:54:15 pm »
If you removed the game completely and reinstalled this shouldn't stay there.

If you got this error after adding custom things to the game it should work just fine if you reinstall it COMPLETELY.

Thing is, that if you're making maps that you want to keep, you MUST make backups of the maps, and ALL the files the map is using. Otherwise the map might crash when you try to open them up next time. Just make sure you don't copy the meshes that caused the problem the first time. Cause if you install a new game again that's working, and then paste the meshes that caused this issue in the first place. Ofcourse it wont work!

So you need to make a backup on all the things you know these maps use, then uninstall the game. Open up your computers C:\ driver, and remove the WHOLE FeralHeart folder there, removing everything.

Next time you install the game it should work just fine. But if you don't install all the files for your map correctly it might not work either.

Be careful so you get all the files needed for the maps you made.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Sandleaf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »
Thanks for the help Red, but I'm still confused.  :-\ What exactly do you mean? I see your point about backing up maps, but I never got theese new meshes into the game, I restarted fh after I downloaded them, because sometimes it doesn't see them unless I do. The problem is the error message, and how to get rid of it, so that I can get back on fh. Yes, I reinstalled the game completely, but the message still shows up. Should I do it again, or maybe restart my laptop?
I am the creator of....

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 05:19:15 pm »
Well you can restart it if you like.

But what I mean with completely is that you remove the whole folder from

C:\FeralHeart

leaving nothing left of the game.

When you install the game again with working installers, you will have the game like any other person downloading it from this site the first time they play it. And the error message shouldn't show.

If there's no files left of the game, why would it give you an error message about something that isn't there? If you don't remove FeralHeart completely, you will install the game on a location that already has files that doesn't work as they should, and it will just give you the same error once again.

This is why you need to be careful which files you make backup on if you want to save your maps. if you get the wrong ones it would just cause the game to get an error again. If you don't copy enough your maps not be working.

my suggestion is as mentioned that you make a backup of the game. Copy the whole game folder onto your desktop with everything in it.

Uninstall the game from the control panel. Then open up your computer afterwards. Enter the C:\ Drive and then remove the FeralHeart folder to your bin COMPLETELY, leaving no files left.

Once that's done, reinstall FH with installers you KNOW is working for the game. And once that's done. Your game would be completely new like any other person that downloaded the game. Your computer/game can't know of an error in a new game that doesn't exist.

Once the game is working for you again, you can try to grab the files needed for your maps from your backup folder on the desktop and place em back into the working game.

If the game stops working you know it has to do with those files you just pasted into it.

Hope it's understandable enough
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Sandleaf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:04:21 pm »
 :D Ah! Thank you, I'll give it a go! I only just started on theese two maps, I can easily redo what I've done. Thanks again.  :) I got to get theese requests done!
I am the creator of....

Offline Sandleaf

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 08:53:17 pm »
Thanks again Red! It worked!  ;D Thanks to you, I can get those maps out on time!
I am the creator of....

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile